Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting naked on the sofa - the bare necessities of life (children may be shocked!)

rob marshall

Getting naked on the sofa - the bare necessities of life (children may be shocked!)

You can give C&C if you like... this will be interesting...

Getting naked on the sofa - the bare necessities of life (children may be shocked!)

Last edited by rob marshall; 14th January 2011 at 09:34 AM.

Real Name
    Kay

Re: Getting naked on the sofa - the bare necessities of life (children may be shocked

I feel there has been a sudden tendency to 'gratuitous attention grabbing' titles in recent threads by some of our gentlemen

A 'classic' though the movie one must admit

rob marshall

Re: Getting naked on the sofa - the bare necessities of life (children may be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    I feel there has been a sudden tendency to 'gratuitous attention grabbing' titles in recent threads by some of our gentlemen

A 'classic' though the movie one must admit
    Steve started it...

Ha..I photographed 2 white teddy bears hugging at Christmas. We put them on the top of the tree instead of an angel. Just goes to show that under our rough 'attention grabbing' exteriors we are big softies at heart. Your colours are spot on. This is another advert for monitor calibration. The second shot does remind me I must use my English Heritage membership more often. And I will be most disappointed if you tell me that you don't have a jumper to match the rainbow ones that the teddies are sporting.

Is that a Marks and Spencer settee? Scrub that.... I can see another Today thread materialising and I couldn't bear that.

Real Name
    Kay

oh I dunno that & Rob's anagrams have kept me entertained for a week while it's rained torrential non stop for a week and schools out....better than monopoly

Hee hee. If he was in church and not on the sofa, the one with the bright red ribbon could have been called Gladly. "Singing" "Gladly the cross eyed bear."

Real Name
    Raylee

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    And I will be most disappointed if you tell me that you don't have a jumper to match the rainbow ones that the teddies are sporting.
    I have to ask about the reference to the rainbow jumpers. One of the gents on Time Team always wears a brightly coloured jumper and I find it quite amusing. What's the go - is this just English eccentricity or has grandma been using up left-over wool?

R

is this just English eccentricity
    Whatever gives you the impression we are eccentric. Now since you are singling out the mad prof from the time team what about Phil with his skin tight shorts and a pheasants feather in his trilby. Actually if you go to any country show in the UK or anywhere near a horse you will see the same fashion sense. I turned away from the British country side for five minutes and when I turned back everyone was wearing cowboy hats and waxed dust coats. What is all that about? In the middle of a cattle drive in Montana yes but in Hereford town centre...I don't think so. I reckon Phil is part Aussie. The bottom half is certainly Australian and the top half is British yokel. The rainbow jumpers are fine. I can see Johnny Lydon wearing one of these.

rob marshall

Is that a Marks and Spencer settee? Scrub that.... I can see another Today thread materialising and I couldn't bear that.
    (sound of Rob choking on glass-frosted tipple of Blue Nun) Excuse me that is part of a Colins & Hayes £4,000 3PS!

The Teddy sweaters were knitted by my wife. If you would like one, and they still run the bare-bones of a postal service to the North of England (pained me to say that), I will dig her up from the garden and prod her with the size 10 knitting needles. It's no trouble.

How I love life...

rob marshall

...better than monopoly
    Try playing for real money...

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    I have to ask about the reference to the rainbow jumpers. One of the gents on Time Team always wears a brightly coloured jumper and I find it quite amusing. What's the go - is this just English eccentricity or has grandma been using up left-over wool?
    This is what gets me about you people in 'off-world'. You are supposed to live in a cultural void, and yet you pop up with some reference to a long-treasured British cultural masterpiece such as Time Team (I had that Tony Robinson in the back of my cab last week...). And Katy a few days ago started banging on about Morse! As if by magic she just knew that I had just spent 57 hours over the past six weeks watching all 33 episodes on Love Film (I only signed up cos I thought it was mucky movies), and she lives in Vermont!

What was your question? Oh, yeah, jumpers. Spare wool from a wool shop in town. Needed using, and no one was going to buy it. Bears need jumpers, and we have to save the planet.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    This is what gets me about you people in 'off-world'. You are supposed to live in a cultural void....
    what do you mean cultural void?
    The Big 'O' was down here just recently, I'm sure we've all been self improved no end.......no not Roy the other one

rob marshall

The Big 'O' was down here just recently, I'm sure we've all been self improved no end.......no not Roy the other one
    OK, OK, I'll give you Clive James...

Real Name
    Raylee

This is what gets me about you people in 'off-world'. You are supposed to live in a cultural void...
    What are we going to do with them Kay? They obviously don't know that we have been brought on the ABC and English shows.

My comedic influeces: The Goons, Monty Python, The Young Ones, Absolutely Fabulous, Carry on movies, Black Adder. I'm going to see Billy Connelly in a couple of weeks - I can't wait. I saw Dawn and French last (?) year. My literary influences: Ian Rankin, Val McDermid, Iris Murdoch, Reginald Hill, Douglas Adams, Margery Allingham, EF Benson, Elizabeth Bowen, Jasper Fforde, PD James, Alexander McCall Smith, Ian McEwan, George Orwell and on it goes. My musical influences: The Smiths, Morrissey, New Order, Joy Division, David Bowie, The Stranglers, Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, Arctic Monkeys, The Clash, The Cure...

And then there is my ancestry: English, Irish and Scottish. Not sure whether there is any Welsh blood in me.

These boys!

Real Name
    Raylee

Whatever gives you the impression we are eccentric.
    Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep, One Foot in the Grave, Tim Brooke-Taylor, the fact that 'that woman' was PM for so long (who voted for her? Hands up), British politicians and call girls, the royal family... Need I go on?

We are exceedingly normal in comparison. Aren't we Kay? We don't have any strange habits.

Real Name
    Kay

Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep, One Foot in the Grave, Tim Brooke-Taylor, the fact that 'that woman' was PM for so long (who voted for her? Hands up), British politicians and call girls, the royal family... Need I go on?

We are exceedingly normal in comparison. Aren't we Kay? We don't have any strange habits.
    none that can't be fixed with a quick text msg anyway I'm sure...

How funny - I used to listen in class in my final year of school to the Goon Show on the radio with a secret ear bud and cable......no wi-fi or i-pods for me, but I was obviously way cool before my time...
    no-one else at my all girls glove & hat wearing establishment understood me.....I had WW for William Wordsworth as my hero as well, whilst they alas were lusting after the original Starsky & Hutch!!
    they didn't get the whole ride a skateboard call yourself Kevin thing either.....strange

And as for the girls from Ab/Fab....Bubble!!!

actually I am having an evil snicker here as we speak - assigning our forum chaps to characters from the shows you have mentioned

rob marshall

actually I am having an evil snicker here as we speak - assigning our forum chaps to characters from the shows you have mentioned
    Go on then, do your worst...

I think he means Aus bought its culture 2nd hand at a car boot sale in Milton Keynes......runs for cover....still running.

Now what other nationality could I have said that about on an internet forum....you have a very similar sense of humour and we love you upsidedowners to bits really

(I had that Tony Robinson in the back of my cab last week...)
    Is that a confession? I really think you should be selling that to the Daily Star!
    Not sure whether there is any Welsh blood in me.
    Believe me you would know. Strange urges to sing when in hilly country, wishing you were Charlotte Church's mum every time you see her, fetishes for blue overalls and wellies...it goes on. You would just know.

Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep
    Thats not eccentricity that is the Conservative/Lib Dem alliance.

rob marshall

What are we going to do with them Kay? They obviously don't know that we have been brought on the ABC and English shows.

My comedic influeces: The Goons, Monty Python, The Young Ones, Absolutely Fabulous, Carry on movies, Black Adder. I'm going to see Billy Connelly in a couple of weeks - I can't wait. I saw Dawn and French last (?) year. My literary influences: Ian Rankin, Val McDermid, Iris Murdoch, Reginald Hill, Douglas Adams, Margery Allingham, EF Benson, Elizabeth Bowen, Jasper Fforde, PD James, Alexander McCall Smith, Ian McEwan, George Orwell and on it goes. My musical influences: The Smiths, Morrissey, New Order, Joy Division, David Bowie, The Stranglers, Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, Arctic Monkeys, The Clash, The Cure...

I was trying to compile a reciprocal list... help me out, some-one

Clive James, Germaine Greer, Kylie Minogue, Russell Crowe, Errol Flyn, Rolf Harris. Barry Humphries, Heath Ledger, Joan Sutherland...

Olivia Newton-John was born in the UK, and Mel Gibson in N. York.

Real Name
    Raylee

Go on then, do your worst...
    Hmm - who would Rob be on the Time Team? How about Steve as a member of The Bill? Donald would be Hamish McBeth of course!

Better idea - you'll love this Rob - you can be a character from Dr Who. I was going to say you could be Dr Who but that would just blow your mind.

And there are no Charlenes that I know in Australia - it was all made up for TV.

R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast