Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Variations On A Theme

Variations On A Theme

As you know I have been suffering from a lack of inspiration this weekend so I dragged the toys out of the box and had a good play. Keeps me quiet and I do not have to think about photography

Variations On A Theme

Variations On A Theme

Variations On A Theme

Variations On A Theme

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Variations On A Theme

I like the last one the best...I could get lost doing nothing but fun stuff in PS, etc.

Real Name
    Raylee

I like them! (surprise surprise)

How many images have you used? I can see Poly once in the first one and twice in the second. Has 3 been overlayed with water? Sorry I'm dissecting them.

1 and 2 feel like a cross between Dali and traditional Japanese paintings to me. I think I prefer 1 over 2 but they are hard to split. 1 is a simpler image. 3 and 4 appeal to me because of the subject matter.

Not bad at all for a lack of inspiration!

R

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Variations On A Theme
    The rest are nice. This is brilliant. It's got power, vitality, dynamism (a bit like me really). It just pops and is a magnificent creation.

As you know I have been suffering from a lack of inspiration this weekend so I dragged the toys out of the box and had a good play. Keeps me quiet and I do not have to think about photography
    Let us know when you start thinking about it again - I'm not sure we could handle it!

I've told you before you're a genius ... so I'm not going to do it again!

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

And you call these a lack of inspiration?!? Eh hikama!

Thank you all for your comments.

I've told you before you're a genius ... so I'm not going to do it again!
    Aw go on you know I love it when you talk dirty....everyone on CiC is a genius

Raylee

I cannot remember how may layers I used. I tend not to note what I do in case I start using the same processin over and over. I want to try and make each one unique. However, I can give you a rough idea what I did for the first 2. You have guessed most of it

First take one large blue inflatable paddling pool full of clean water

Variations On A Theme

Then gently fold in a dodgy composite that was sitting at the back of the fridge (definitely past its sell by date)
    Variations On A Theme

Blend in a milky composite so that the resulting mix adheres to a spoon without dripping
    Variations On A Theme
    At this stage I tipped in a good schooner full of grey gradient layer. Simply opened a blank sheet and applied gradient tool and open it as a layer in the composite.

Finally add two or three layers or marzipan...I mean texture....I used some shots I did of a stainless steel sheet at a skate park (nicely scratched and stained). Each layer of texture was in a different orientation using different layer masks. You just have to mess about really until you get the image that was in your head.

Wait a sec Was that Katy's..I mean Suzy's scone recipe...the 'Today' thread has a lot to answer for

Real Name
    Raylee

Thank you all for your comments.

Aw go on you know I love it when you talk dirty....everyone on CiC is a genius

Raylee

I cannot remember how may layers I used. I tend not to note what I do in case I start using the same processin over and over. I want to try and make each one unique. However, I can give you a rough idea what I did for the first 2. You have guessed most of it

First take one large blue inflatable paddling pool full of clean water

Variations On A Theme

Then gently fold in a dodgy composite that was sitting at the back of the fridge (definitely past its sell by date)
    Variations On A Theme

Blend in a milky composite so that the resulting mix adheres to a spoon without dripping
    Variations On A Theme
    At this stage I tipped in a good schooner full of grey gradient layer. Simply opened a blank sheet and applied gradient tool and open it as a layer in the composite.

Finally add two or three layers or marzipan...I mean texture....I used some shots I did of a stainless steel sheet at a skate park (nicely scratched and stained). Each layer of texture was in a different orientation using different layer masks. You just have to mess about really until you get the image that was in your head.

Wait a sec Was that Katy's..I mean Suzy's scone recipe...the 'Today' thread has a lot to answer for
    You really are cooking now Steve

I would never have thought of a wading pool. That is thinking outside the box. I love it. But it's that splash of water that reminds me of Japanese art. Have you seen these sorts of paintings?

You certainly make me think about images. Keep it up - it's good for my brain and my imagination.

R