Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Screaming Backgrounds

Screaming Backgrounds

I am suffering from a persistent bout of photographers block at the moment. I was reading Katy's post about depth of field and focus blur and I thought I would break a few rules with backgrounds. It has not got rid of the block but it was fun.

Screaming Backgrounds

Screaming Backgrounds

Screaming Backgrounds

Screaming Backgrounds

Screaming Backgrounds

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Re: Screaming Backgrounds

Nice wallpaper Steve. Wirevixen's shoes are cool too!!

Thank you Mike nice to see you posting again. The shoes belong to my eldest daughter. She has inherited WireVixens shoe thing.

I suspected these backgrounds woud not go down too well. Still, you have to try

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

For some reason that I haven't properly worked out yet, I prefer those that show the complete object; i.e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Screaming Backgrounds

Screaming Backgrounds
    I'm just wanting to know how you did them. Did you just drop them and pull the trigger? Or were they hanging?

Intrigued from Glenfarg

Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    For some reason that I haven't properly worked out yet, I prefer those that show the complete object; i.e.

I'm just wanting to know how you did them. Did you just drop them and pull the trigger? Or were they hanging?

Intrigued from Glenfarg
    If you look really closely, you can just make out the (fox's) wire that they are hanging from..... Very cool.

Real Name
    Steve

Wow; that is really good. I think it could be improved by making the background a little darker, just a tad, or am I missing the point, it is after all still in focus, well nearly in one of them.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I suspected these backgrounds woud not go down too well. Still, you have to try
    I think the backgrounds are great. I'm not a fan of the box in mid air shot but it complements the shoes nicely to my taste. I prefer the more blurred backgrounds.

Real Name
    Call me as Ross

To Steve: It is very well if you explain to me where is "break a few rules".

Thanks.

Ross

Thanks for the comments everyone. I dare say this photography thing will come back to me when I am least expecting it

To Steve: It is very well if you explain to me where is "break a few rules".
    Hi Ross. Only 2 rules

1. Having a background that is strongly competing with the main subject
    2. Using my daughters room as a studio

Real Name
    Raylee

3 and 4 work well for me - they could be in a fashion magazine. Yes 3 is very busy but it works in this case. I like the positioning of the shoe against the background in 3 - very neat.

R

Real Name
    Jeroen

You prove that if you know what you're doing rules can be broken and still great photographs can be produced.
    Very well done,

What is going on with the bar code? I've seen them before being included in a photograph. What would you do that?

Intrigued from Glenfarg
    Nick has sussed it. I used nylon cotton and a drawing pin in the ceiling. Then my old friend the clone brush (evidently I didn't do too good a job of it)

Thanks for you comments Jeroen and Raylee. I am afraid the barcode is just an alternative to my 2010 signature. No sure if I am going to keep it yet.