Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dither or Auto

Real Name
    Steve

Dither or Auto

I have just printed my chuff chuff below, trying to limit my fun to one a day. Previously I chose to print a pink bush with church but found the church a tad sharp which I thought might be due to auto selected in a choice between dither and auto where I found auto puts edges in text and stuff.

You can't see here but the threads on the bolts are clearly visible from my display, but not so clear in the print, these are both borderless A3.

So what does dither do?

Dither or Auto

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Dither or Auto

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    So what does dither do?
    I'm not sure if I should tell you

Maybe I will

Maybe I won't

I'm dithering - I know

OK, I will refer you here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dither
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 5th January 2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: replaced link with better one

Real Name
    Steve

Got that wrong then; I thought it was just fuzzy edges. The only alternative is hard edges, or so I think because the instructions imply one thing and when you look around, it appears more things are possible. cheers

Real Name
    Steve

Doesn't printing concentrate the mind; I find I'm having to redo images from raw because the display ones just arn't good enough. Done a tram this time but used auto on halftones, and it is indeed sharp.The train was but you just couldn't make out screw threads.

I've been told the ink should last for 70 A3 prints but I'm seeing my first indication of ink use in yellow and majenta after 13 prints.

This is the one, I had a problem with a pink cardigan and I wanted a slightly red light in the destination plate, otherwise auto levels would be exactly right.

Dither or Auto

Looks a bit dark, it was a wet day hence lights, if I could make it brighter and keep the lights reddish I would.
    Last edited by arith; 6th January 2011 at 01:44 PM.