Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: UK BBC2 portrait programme

Real Name
    Martyn

UK BBC2 portrait programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xhdwc
    it might be available on Iplayer after its been shown , if it is i will find the link and post it here, cheers martyn

Re: UK BBC2 portrait programme

Thanks, Martyn. They are normally shown a few days after broadcast (8th in this case), but you can normally only view them in the uk.

Real Name
    Martyn

thanks Rob i didnt realise that, i thought you could view iplayer from anywhere in the world, it sounds like its going to be good, at college a couple of guys tried to re-recreate the iconic bailey pic of the kray twins,it wasnt as easy as it looked, cheers martyn

Real Name
    Martyn

just a reminder, its on tonight 8pm bbc2, cheers martyn

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by nomadr View Post
    just a reminder, its on tonight 8pm bbc2, cheers martyn
    It's not fair !!!!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

It's just about to start. So all UK members are allowed to leave the site for one hour only.

Donald i will be watching your green dot and if it doen't turn off I will send you straigt to the House Masters office with a invitation to meet Mr Plimsoll. I have seen that green light burning in the wee hours. Toad Slayers aliens use it as a homing beacon

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Well, it was interesting. I learned something about the challenges of lighting. But apart from that .........? Or have I just had too much wine tonight?

Real Name
    Martyn

i agree , it was interesting, i liked the fact that Rankin was stumped by the lighting on jane russell's set and admitted he had learned something new that day, on the whole he did well,
    although a couple of pointers were given i would have preferred a more indepth approach regarding lighting ,Fstop,focus point, etc, i guess non photography viewers would have become easily bored tho (ie why make a serious prog about photography when you can jazz it up for the masses), i felt uneasy with the monroe crosses,
    it reeked of cashing in at all costs, anyway for anyone who missed it and still wants to watch it , available for next 7 days from now on Iplayer
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...llywood_Stars/

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Well, it was interesting. I learned something about the challenges of lighting. But apart from that .........? Or have I just had too much wine tonight?
    No, it was more 'celebrity' than 'photography' I thought.

Still interesting to an extent, if only for seeing more pics than I normally do and analysing the lighting myself.

Thanks for letting us know though Martyn, Iw ould have missed it if you'd not started this thread.

Real Name
    Martyn

hehe i was doing the same, i found it interesting that they didnt use flash on the jane russell set, plus the 2.8 faulty lenses that gave a nice "diffused feel" to the early hollywood stars,
    wasnt it rankin who went to south africa to learn about the bang bang club ? , i think it was, perhaps there are new progs in the pipeline, cheers martyn