Thread: Another one of those, duh-uh questions

Real Name
    Chris

Another one of those, duh-uh questions

But when I loaded Silver Efex Pro, it asked what program I wanted to load it in and I indicated Photoshop. Ehhhhh, but I can't find it...where is it, pleaseeeeeeeeeee?

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Another one of those, duh-uh questions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    But when I loaded Silver Efex Pro, it asked what program I wanted to load it in and I indicated Photoshop. Ehhhhh, but I can't find it...where is it, pleaseeeeeeeeeee?
    Chris, if you bought the Plugin version you go to FILTERS > NIKSOFTWARE > Silver Efex Pro (that is, you are inside photoshop this time). You have to open an image file first before you can apply it. Make sure that your default setting for Silver Efex Pro is set to "Apply the filtered effect to a separate layer". Otherwise, if you directly apply the effect on your background layer you wouldn't be able to access the original image since it will be merged together with the b&w effect. You can change your default settings inside Silver Efex Pro by clicking the "SETTINGS" button on the lower left corner of the pop up window. Hope this helps. Congrats on your new "toy".

Real Name
    Chris

Not there, but I am using a trial edition until they send me my product serial number (educator's version), so it is possible that portion won't be activated until then.

Chris

I have my Silver Efex set as a keyboard shortcut (CTRL/E). From CS5 with an image loaded I just hit CTRL/E and it goes straight into the Efex dialogue. Quickest way to do it. As Jiro said, make sure it applies it as a new layer. If you don't like the effect then just delete the layer.