Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 1st use of ACR CS5

Real Name
    Chris

1st use of ACR CS5

I posted this not long ago in a mini comp though I think I cropped it differently. Did the first one in CS2 using all the usual tools, and this one only in RAW adjustment.
    What do you think?

1st use of ACR CS5

Detail

1st use of ACR CS5

Original full

1st use of ACR CS5

Detail

1st use of ACR CS5
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 1st January 2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: corrected title

Real Name
    Yegor

Re: 1st use of ARC CS5

perfect colors!!!

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Wonderful, except it's ACR, not ARC

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Wonderful, except it's ACR, not ARC
    I was excited...Adobe Conversion to Raw?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I was excited...Adobe Conversion to Raw?
    Adobe Camera RAW

Real Name
    Chris

Adobe Camera RAW
    Whatever, it's pretty slick stuff. Just got a good book on CS5 for Photographers and plan to sit with it for a few days...while I play about.

Real Name
    Sam Smith, I have photo ID

Is it by Martin Evening? I have that I that one and it explains allot but I don't like the way it is laid out. I got another one for Lightroom by Scott Kelby and it is very well written. I am trying to find one by him for CS5.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Smith View Post
    Is it by Martin Evening? I have that I that one and it explains allot but I don't like the way it is laid out. I got another one for Lightroom by Scott Kelby and it is very well written. I am trying to find one by him for CS5.
    He does do 1 Sam and I have just received mine in the mail...
    although I got it from another site that had free postage to Australia - but they didn't have the free DVD as is being advertised with this 1...

The style seems easy to follow from what I've had a chance to read through so far.
    I Tried the new Content aware fill technique (to replace some of my dodgy efforts at cloning) and it worked fine

Real Name
    Chris

I just got another book today which has been more helpful than anything else I've read. It's called: Adobe Photoshop for Photographers, by Conrad Chavez, published by Creative edge and the ISBN is 978-0-321-71983-6 I will warn you that it is a bit on the pricey side, but I had a discount card and it was on a sale table. If you work in Camera Raw, this is a must.

Real Name

Guys, just pop along to www.kelbytraining.com and sign up for the online training. You'll cover 10 times as much in 1/4 the time - and it'll cost you less in the long run.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Is it by Martin Evening? I have that I that one and it explains allot but I don't like the way it is laid out.
    I bought this too, as a Christmas special off Fishpond, and although it has a heap of really good info in it, the index is stunningly inadequate. So much so that I'm gonna take the unprecidented step, for me anyway, and email the dud about it.

Real Name

Guys, just pop along to www.kelbytraining.com and sign up for the online training. You'll cover 10 times as much in 1/4 the time - and it'll cost you less in the long run.
    Tell you a little story folks ...

A collegue of mine is Nelson's top wedding photographer. Over the years I've helped him a lot with the technical side of things and for over a year I'd nag and nag and nag him to sign up to kelbytraining.com. Twas always the same old story "yeah yeah - I will, but when I get time". To cut a long story short, a few weeks ago he finally "got around to it" and I'm sure that he's thanked me at least a dozen times in the past few weeks; already he's talking about putting his prices up (because the results are already showing in the finished product) (and he's already at the top end of the pricing tier in this region). Initially the training was a bit hard on his marriage because he found he preferred to keep going through more lessons rather than "coming to bed", but I'm pleased to say all that is now resolved ...

... the wife (also a photographer) is "right into the lessons too".

All he could say was 'I wish we'd listened to you sooner" (I get that a lot actually!). So take the hint folks and JUST DO IT. It's only $24.99 USD a month (or $199 per annum), and you can quit anytiome you like. it's HANDS DOWN the best value for money when it comes to improving your photography (by a country mile).

Real Name
    Al

Thanks, Colin, great advice as usual. I signed up a few minutes after you posted this, and it's great stuff. I was up till the wee hours going thru lessons. And the price for the annual subscription is a real bargain for a newb like me, who needs to learn everything.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkbyte View Post
    Thanks, Colin, great advice as usual. I signed up a few minutes after you posted this, and it's great stuff. I was up till the wee hours going thru lessons. And the price for the annual subscription is a real bargain for a newb like me, who needs to learn everything.
    Very "snark" move Al

Just wish I was on commission!