Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Two shots at macro

Real Name
    Chris

Two shots at macro

Both were shot at Callaway Gardens, Ga last October.

Two shots at macro

Two shots at macro

Real Name
    John

Re: Two shots at macro

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Both were shot at Callaway Gardens, Ga last October.

Two shots at macro

Two shots at macro
    There was a thread started (Replies to Views Ratio)
    which addressed the lack of C&C on images posted. This is a good example of an image that really does not require critiquing, mainly because it is an image that just looks good. You can look at it, enjoy it, and totally ignore whether or not it has technical quality, because it has an aesthetic quality that we can immediately identify. We could look closer at the image and try to find flaws, but that would detract from the simple display of an easily recognizable symbol of spring time, life, color, youth, change, fun, etc...

Real Name
    Chris

And that was it's singular purpose...comments are always appreciated, but not all images require such. I put these up because I thought they were relatively good attempts at macro, a type of photography I've had little experience with. Thanks for the kind words.

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Chris,

Macro photography is a great world to explore. What lenses do you have in your kit for this now?

Real Name
    Chris

I shot these on a Nikon D40 using a Tamron 80-300 macro zoom. It's not a bad lens though does tend to drop off at the edges if shot at any distance. I posted a color image of a spider earlier which was also shot with this setup. Right now, I am looking at purchasing a 12-24 lens for landscapes and a 50 or 60mm F2 or lower macro but I may have to wait a little longer than expected as I blew out the clutch in my Mini and that is going to be a bit pricey to repair.