Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Require your opions on an A3 Printer!

Real Name
    Richard

Require your opions on an A3 Printer!

Hi everyone, and Happy Xmas to you all!

I'm after buying a A3 Printer some time soon. I was thinking of something like an Epson Stylus Photo R2400.

I've read mixed reviews of this printer and was wondering what printers you guys/girls use and what the pros and cons are of your printers!

Many thanks

Richard

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Require your opions on an A3 Printer!

If you can afford it, get the 2880. It does a 13" by 42" print, should the need arise. Epson has them at their refurbished store right now for about $550 US. I have one of these for color and one for B&W using the Jon Cone Carbon based inking system (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it really doesn't get any better in the printing world). On both, I use their inks as it is so much cheaper over the long run... www.inkjetmall.com

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

My first piece of advice is to ask yourself if you really need an A3 device. They are large and expensive and you really do need to print a lot of photographs to justify the outlay when there are so many good print houses out there, which produce excellent results at very competitive rates.
    I have an HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Printer. It is a beast, takes 8 cartridges at an average of £20 each, and if you leave it switched on it will recalibrate itself daily to maximise print quality. Great, except that takes ink!! If you switch it off for economy it will then go through the complete installation procedure, which uses even more ink, every time you switch it back on.
    If you own a Rolls Royce be prepared to pay Rolls Royce service charges.

Real Name
    Chris

Inkjet Mall only works in the Epson environment, but when you buy their inks in 6oz quantities, they seem to last forever and gram for gram, they cost considerably less. I have a set of B&W inks I've used since last year. I know I have run at least 290 prints and I still have 1/2 of the ink left. I am making prints in the 4 x6 to 5 x 7 range, primarily.