Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Odd Flower

Real Name
    Chris

Odd Flower

Have no clue as to what this flower is. A friend who raises day lilies found it growing in his garden and kept it...

Odd Flower

Question to you flower shooters. I could not get a black card in behind the flower because of being in an extremely cramped space. I zapped the background out as much as my lens would let me. The sun was less than 10 minutes from dipping behind some very tall pines and I didn't want to lose that nice, filtered light. What else could I have done to secure this image?
    Last edited by MiniChris; 12th December 2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Edit lower right corner of pic

Re: Odd Flower

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Have no clue as to what this flower is. A friend who raises day lilies found it growing in his garden and kept it...

Odd Flower
    I've always seen theese Really fast birds eating out of them. O.o

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Chris

You've certainly nailed the focus on the flower and thrown the background out of focus. However, I wonder if the background is too cluttered to show of the flower at its best. If you'd had one of Rob's or Steve's (Wirefox) black boards, that might have helped. And would it be useful to get rid of that bit of flower head creeping right at the bottom right hand corner?
    Last edited by Donald; 12th December 2010 at 12:50 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

I can edit out the BRC bit but I was in a space so cramped, I had to spend almost ten minutes just maneuvering about to set the tripod. Getting a black card in (I had one), was impossible.