Page 449 of 539 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,980 of 10768

Thread: Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Hello John and welcome to CiC.

I hope that this forum helps you to increase your photographic knowledge and skills and that you will enjoy being invovled in CiC for a long time.

Like many of us, we don't have unlimited financial resources and we have to make our decisions about what gear we would like to have and what we feel we need to have, carefully. The important thing to remember is that, although expensive gear can help us, it does not make great pictures. It is the person operating the gear that makes the pictures.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Johriel

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Hello John and welcome to CiC.

I hope that this forum helps you to increase your photographic knowledge and skills and that you will enjoy being invovled in CiC for a long time.

Like many of us, we don't have unlimited financial resources and we have to make our decisions about what gear we would like to have and what we feel we need to have, carefully. The important thing to remember is that, although expensive gear can help us, it does not make great pictures. It is the person operating the gear that makes the pictures.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.
    Thanks for welcoming Sir Donald.

I hope to participate soon here in CiC so that we will all grow together in photography. But for now, I'll wait for my camera and soon I can share my experiences here. I will do first lots of studies as my mind argues especially in choosing a brand of camera.

Real Name
    Nigel

Hello to all members of Combridge in Colour. I am Nige, a 38 year old guy, currently living and working in Portugal, albeit, from the UK. I have always had a basic interest in taking pictures, even when I was a school kid, I was given a Zenith film camera together with a few lenses, off my Dad.

I learnt how to actually use a Digital camera whilst I was on my Crime Scene Investigation course in 2008 and then went and bought myself a Canon EOS400D. Although I had an idea how to use it properly, I only really used it for family days out and whatnot.

I have recently set up my own home photography studio and will be looking to broaden my my knowledge by picking up hints and tips from the portraiture photographers here mainly in the first instance. I have only had a set up for a few weeks and still waiting to take delivery of a new high key backdrop.

Look forward in sharing any knowledge I have and also learning some of yours.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Hello to all members of Combridge in Colour. I am Nige, a 38 year old guy, currently living and working in Portugal, albeit, from the UK.
    Great to have you here, Nigel. I hope you enjoy being part of the forum and that it does indeed contribute to you improving your knowledge and skills.

On the subject of portraiture, you may find some useful pointers in the series that was developed here by Colin (Southern). Click here for the links to the threads.

I look forward to seeing your pictures and to you taking part in the various discussions that go on.

hi my name is Paul and I am new to CiC.I recenlt just bought a DSLR camera after tinkering with point and shoot and laterly bridge cameras.Therefore the hole thing is completley new to me but I hope to gain both knowledge and experience from other members of the forum.
    Cheers Paul

January 30th 2018
    greetings ,
    they call me dutch . Marine cargo surveyor inspector . Photography 40 plus years . location near Galveston Texas. photography is part of the business I conduct .
    Never published however when i have my canon in my hands its a rush every time .
    I am very comfortable telling you there is no other hobby for me . Tried hasselblad ,nikon ,and its no contest . Canon won everytime except black and white . Winner there is hasselblad as they were specifically designed to do black and white original concept . Now they do color but my experience is canon best all around camera . Owned about 10 -a1 bodies and a couple f1N ae . To many lens for any normal person to have owned . I do landscape birds or anything really outstanding that i see . Look forward to this forum as learn from reading alot although you may not hear opinions very much . Thank you for the hospitality offered in this forum .
    Last edited by DUTCH45; 31st January 2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: A

Real Name
    Scott Durham

Hello everyone,
    My name is Scott and I'm Mount Prospect, Il. Just out side Chicago. I don't have a lot of experience behind the the camera. I've been helping out in our in house photo area at work over the last few years. I decided to give it a go for my self. The majority of the photo work that I have done has been catalog shots of the products that the company I work for builds. (Motorcycle windshields and accessories).
    I spend a lot of time working around motorcycles and traveling to shows. I'm looking to tie in my photography with the areas i travel to and the interesting characters that I come across.
    My current camera is a Nikon fe that I'm trying to revive and I'm in the market for a SLR. Most likely a D3200 or a D5100. I looking forward to learning from you all.

Scott

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Paul, Dutch and Scott - Welcome to CiC and thank you for 'signing-up'.

Whatever your level of knowledge adn experience O hope you find that being part of the forum is both helpful and fun.

Real Name
    Syakeel Said

Hello to all members of Cambridge in Colour~

I'm Syakeel from Malaysia..I usually take pictures just for fun,never put my soul in it~
    This recent weeks,just out of nowhere,my interest in photography became serious and i decided to add photography as my new hobby..
    just recently bought a Canon 650D kitlens and i would consider myself as a "noobies" photographer with near-zero knowledge in taking pictures~ so i really hope that i can learn more about photography here
    Regards
    Syakeel

Real Name
    Gary

Hi peeps , new to photography so hoping to learn from you fine people and share my effort’s. I’m into landscape , nature, and astrophotography.

Hi everyone
    I'm Andy from Cheltenham. I came across CiC whilst using stumble. I'm a keen amateur always looking for knowledge and inspiration. I use a Nikon D90 with 18-105mm and a 200mm lens, hoping to get a macro soon. I will try and post some pictures over the next few weeks.
    Andy

My name is Mike. I Have recently retired and I am looking forward to spending a lot more time taking pictures and improving in that area.
    I have a Nikon D 90 with a Nikon 18-200MM lens a Nikon 50MM lens. I will be taking a 2 month Nat. Parks trip in Fall of 2013 and will be getting a wide angle lens by then. I also would like to upgrade to a full frame like the D800.

Real Name
    -henk vogel-

Dear Members of the CiC-community,

I have been making pictures since a long time, but never took it very seriously. Until last year I took an introduction course and since then I have been hooked.
    And I realize how much there is I do not know yet, so I am here to learn, listen and improve, and put in my opinion and thoughts whenever I see that as appropriate.

Thanks to all and have a great weekend!
    -henk-

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

To all you folks who have signed-up to CiC since I looked in yesterday, a very warm welcome. Thank you for joining and I hope you enjoy being part of the forum.

For those of you who haven't done so, and so that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by atelophone90 View Post
    I'm Syakeel from Malaysia..I usually take pictures just for fun,never put my soul in it~
    This recent weeks,just out of nowhere,my interest in photography became serious and i decided to add photography as my new hobby..
    Syakeel - I am so very glad to read that you have increased your interest in photography and that it is now more than just snapping for fun. I'm sure you will get much greater enjoyment from it.

Quote Originally Posted by GVincent View Post
    ... hoping to learn from you fine people and share my effort’s.
    I hope you do finds that sharing your efforts is worthwhile on here. There are lots of people with lots of experience who want to share that in order to help others learn, as opposed to showing off how clever they are. That makes for a more constructive forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplant View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm Andy from Cheltenham. I came across CiC whilst using stumble.
    Very glad you did, Andy. I hope that you quickly feel it was well worthwhile and that CiC is the sort of forum that you enjoy being part of.

Quote Originally Posted by thebear View Post
    My name is Mike. I Have recently retired and I am looking forward to spending a lot more time taking pictures and improving in that area.
    You lucky person!

Quote Originally Posted by HenkieP View Post
    And I realize how much there is I do not know yet,
    That is the wonderful (and sometimes frustrating) thing about photography. I look at what other CiC members do in the Post-Processing Challenge and realise that I know so little about creative use of these tools. But I hope being part of CiC helps you grow and develop your knowledge and skills.
    Last edited by Donald; 1st February 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Real Name
    -henk vogel-

Thanks for the welcome!..
    Is there a reason I cant seem to be able to locate where I can update my signature?
    -henk-

Hi!
    I am Gopa. I use a Nikon D 90 which was bought as a big boy toy by my husband who simply grew out of it and which intrigued me into photography. I have 18-200mm 3.5/5.6, 14-24mm 2.8 and 50 mm 1.4 prime Nikkor lenses. I dream to upgrade to a Full Format camera soon. My interest is in candid, landscape and low light photography. Just trying....
    BR

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by HenkieP View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!..
    Is there a reason I cant seem to be able to locate where I can update my signature?
    -henk-
    Henk - You have to make 5 posts (or maybe it is 10) before you will automatically get permission to update your signature.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by gopad60 View Post
    Hi!
    I am Gopa. I use a Nikon D 90 which was bought as a big boy toy by my husband who simply grew out of it and which intrigued me into photography.
    That was a nice but of luck.

I hope you continue to stay intrigued by photography and that being a member of the CiC forum just adds to your interest and enjoyment.

Real Name
    Arslan Türegün

Hello from Turkey,
    Although I have been using CiC quite a while I have discovered the forum just today .
    My username is also my name and surname (so, Arslan would do fine ).
    I am 47 and living in Izmir. My main camera is a Pentax K20D and I tend to use either a Tammy 70-300 AF or a Tammy Adaptall-2 28 mm depending on the situation.
    I don't really have a preference on subjects but I almost never take fiction photos.
    Even though most people find it irritating I love playing and exaggerating my photos on CS6 or Paint Shop Pro 8 (yes, the Jasc one).
    Cheers,
    Arslan

Real Name
    Andrea Fachiri

Hello,
    My name is Andrea. I am Italian and live now in Italy,but have been living several years abroad in three different European Countries during my (not so short) life.
    Photography has always been a family hobby: my father used to develop and print his own photos, back in the 20th and 30th, using the Bromoil technique as well.I started as a child with self-toning paper and later on with conventional bromide film and paper.My first camera has been a Kodak Vest-pocket 4.5x6 .Later on, my father (under my pressure) bought a 24x36 with a 1:1.2 lens Zeiss Contax: at the time (in the 50th) it was the only camera with a built in exposure meter (Leica had only a telemeter). I inherited it when my father died and went on with 24x36 format ,leaving the 4,5x6 used so far. When my camera was stolen, I purchased a Yashica 6x6 (I still have) and made my first (and only, alas!) service for a nautical magazine: the subject was the Lake Maggiore, in Italy, near which I am living now.In the 70th I started again developing and printing, first in b/w and later on in colours, using a Durst enlarger with Rodenstock lenses.First automatic camera has been a Pentax ES II and subsequently another fully automatic Pentax, together with a 24x36 Minox (fantastic little camera,unfortunatly not in working conditions any more).
    About 15 years ago I started with digital and chose Nikon. Now I own a D200 a D700 and I just bought a D600,plus 3 Coolpix.But for a Tamron macro lens, all the other replaceable lenses I own are Nikon original . A Canon Powershot and a Casio Exilim complete my collection.I print my own pictures (just the ones I judged good enough for A4 format: I hate a collection of small 10x15,as it used to be with non digital photography, when photos(mainly in colours,but also in b/w) had to be(and still are ) sent to laboratories and came bck by the dozen.
    I have also been active in 8, super 8 and 16 mm. film camera and later in video camera (1990) but ,altogether, I prefer still images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andreito; 1st February 2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Picture added