Page 439 of 539 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 10768

Thread: Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Real Name
    John

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Peterson View Post
    Hello everyone. Happy new year I am Diana from Mississippi. It's been a year since I got my first DSLR Nikon D 3100. I love it. I learnt a few things and intend to learn more. Hope to interact with many photographers and have fun
    Hi Diana,
    Happy New Year to you.
    Welcome to CiC.
    I'm sure you will enjoy being a member. I hope you can find the time to have a look at the tutorials they are very good and we all learn a lot from them. Any questions you may have will be quickly answered in the forums.
    I look forward to seeing your pictures, hopefully you will post some soon; no time like the present. I'm only joking when your ready.
    Regards
    John

Real Name
    mat

Thanks for the warm welcome Dave, French is more widely spoken but Catalan is very common especially amongst the older population. Yes I was trying to post an image but I didn't copy and paste the info so it didn't appear!
    I've reposted my intro on another thread, this time mastering the art of an attachment so all is well

Real Name
    mat

Thanks John,here's hoping.
    Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Real Name
    Kimmo Wihervaara

Hello ! I am Kimmo Wihervaara, a clinical biochemist and have held a camera in my hand for 50 years ago, having now my 14 th camera in use. I worked first in the State Technical Institution of Finland, later in various laboratories and most of my life in hospital laboratories. Except photography (I have more than 200 000 photos in my archive) I am interested in music ad play piano, violin and organ. I live in the Central-Finnish city Kajaani.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmikka View Post
    Hello ! I am Kimmo Wihervaara, a clinical biochemist and have held a camera in my hand for 50 years ago, having now my 14 th camera in use. I worked first in the State Technical Institution of Finland, later in various laboratories and most of my life in hospital laboratories. Except photography (I have more than 200 000 photos in my archive) I am interested in music ad play piano, violin and organ. I live in the Central-Finnish city Kajaani.
    Kimmo,
    Welcome to CiC, thank you very much for joining.

I hope you get a lot of information and help from the tutorials and the forum. Hopefully with your experience you will be able to help other members who have less knowledge.
    With all those pictures archived hopefully you will be posting your pictures soon, I would very much like to see some.

I hope you enjoy the site and may I wish you and your family a happy New Year.
    Kind regards
    John

Real Name
    Cindy

Hey!
    I'm Cindy and I am using a Canon Rebel XS I got for Christmas two years ago. I have invested in a new 50mm 1.8 lens recently and have been messing around with that over the stock lens the camera came with. Also, the much raved about book, Understanding Exposure should be here this week...can hardly wait.
    I love taking photos, but find they are never quite what I want. I am hoping to glean some great info from here!

Thanks,
    Cindy

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Cindylee View Post
    Hey!
    I'm Cindy and I am using a Canon Rebel XS I got for Christmas two years ago. I have invested in a new 50mm 1.8 lens recently and have been messing around with that over the stock lens the camera came with. Also, the much raved about book, Understanding Exposure should be here this week...can hardly wait.
    I love taking photos, but find they are never quite what I want. I am hoping to glean some great info from here!

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Hi Cindy,
    welcome to CiC, it's great to have you with us.

It's also nice to have another Canon photographer on board; as you might of guessed from that, I use a Canon camera myself.
    'Understanding Exposure' is that a book by Bryan Peterson? Sort of remember it might be.

Your Canon EOS Rebel XS is branded as the Canon EOS 1000D, over here in the UK. Why Canon do that I'll never know. I'm sure now I've said that one of our members will explain; lots of knowledgeable people here.

I'm sure you will learn a lot from the forums, but it's well worth taking some time to have a look at the tutorials they are very good.
    I look forward to seeing some of your pictures and talking to you further over the coming weeks.

Don't forget you can edit your profile to include your real name and a rough location, as I have done. It will then appear on all of your future posts. Most of us us first names here, just make it a little friendlier.
    Once again welcome and enjoy being a member.
    Any problems please give me a shout or contact one of the site Mods who can be found on the 'Forum' page under 'Quick links' tab.
    Regards
    John

Real Name
    Cindy

Thanks for the quick response, Dave!
    As soon as I posted the intro I went over and edited my profile, so you can see I live in Michigan, on the west side...not too far from one of the 5 great lakes...Lake Michigan.
    Yes, the book Understanding Exposure is by Bryan Peterson. It comes highly recommended, and the Amazon reviews are very positive. I actually learned of it from an old course I am taking from My 3 Boybarians..."31 days to a better photo". She posted this series in October of 2010 and I just this week came across it. That is also how I found this site, as she links to one of your tutorials!
    Isn't that odd about the dual names for my camera! Actually, the box actually reads "EOS Rebel XS, EOS 1000D.
    I know it is a beginners camera without a lot of bells and whistles, but my kids got it for me used from a dear friend who was upgrading, so for $150 we could not pass it up! And it is perfect for me...
    Looking forward to peeking around!

Cindy

Hi everyone i am ouchie from hillingdon and i have recently become more focused on photography and would like to become a successful one able to add it to part of my degree so i can incorporate it into my final year project at uni and then go on to have great career in my chosen field of work. i would like to do a professional photography course this year and go into food science and nutrition journalism, as my degree is a Bsc in food and nutritional science.

as a beginner this is a great site for learning and meeting others with the same interests.

I hope to be an active member as much as i can during university work and here.
    bye for now
    ouchie

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ouchie67 View Post
    as a beginner this is a great site for learning and meeting others with the same interests.
    I'm glad you've found the site useful and I do hope that it does contribute to you being able to achieve your photographic ambitions. I think you'll find a pretty friendly bunch of people on here who are very willing to share their extensive knowledge and experience. All you have to do is ask the questions.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, or that which you want to be addressed by, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

If you ever need any help in getting images posted into your message, then please do read the helpful guide that walks you through how to do it. Click HERE to read the thread.

Something else you might find useful. Sometimes people are not sure about asking for comments and criticism on their images. This thread gives you some helpful advice and guidance about how to get the best feedback from fellow members.

Real Name
    John

Hi Dave, yes I have completed level 1 & 2 they allow for a lot of PP in those levels,
    in level 3 only minimal PP is allowed, so I have to now get my shots correct in camera.
    I love Lightroom, I use 3.2 at the minute, but hoping for Lightroom 4 for my birthday from the kids .
    I also use CS5 but no where near as much as Lightroom.
    I'm still feeling my way round this forum and will look through some of my previous coarse work and post some images.
    Thanks again for the welcome and Happy New Year to you and yours.
    John

Real Name
    Dennis Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Hello!

We are very pleased you decided to join us.

Why not take a few minutes to briefly introduce yourself as a new member, but please do not post images for comment in this thread - it's just for introductions. You are welcome to post one image to demonstrate your photography style.

It can be confusing joining a new forum. The following information may help you in getting established here. We know you want to get started, but reading this will help you get started properly.

POSTING IMAGES - For technical advice on posting photos, please read this excellent guide How can I post images here? please also see; How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

VIEWING IMAGES - If you are looking for help on viewing images on this site then try here.

YOUR WEBSITE - If you have your own photo website or Flickr page you may put a link to it in your forum signature (see mine below for example). You can also introduce other members to your site in This thread.

LOCATION - Put yourself on our members map on Google. But please check the security aspects when you do this CiC Google map

CONDUCT - The general emphasis here is on support and learning. To do that, we often give detailed criticism on shots, where people have asked for it. We always try to do that in a fair, polite, and balanced manner. We also have a lot of fun on here, making humorous comments with one another. But again, it's nearly always done in a friendly manner, softened with the use of smilies.

If you follow the above guidelines you won't go far wrong. We rarely have a problem with things that are said on-line. However, the Admin/Mod group monitor all activity on this site, and any inappropriate comment will be removed or edited. We urge all new members to read the Code of Conduct FAQ.

NAMES - It's more friendly if you put your first name in your profile so that it appears on your posts. Select 'forum action/edit profile' from the menu at the top of the page. 'Real name' is at the bottom of the page. We suggest that for security reasons you only use your first name.

TUTORIALS - Try our famous tutorials, especially if you have a specific or general technical question. See the menu at the top of the page.

POSTING - Just start a new thread to ask a new question/start a discussion/post your images, but please give some thought to starting it in the correct section. Or just reply to existing threads to join in with a discussion that is in progress. If you are doubtful about posting your work, then please read this How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images The FAQ (on menu above) will give you general assistance if you have difficulty FAQ forum usage

Still stuck? Don't worry, just send a PM (Personal Message) to one of the Admin/Mods. You can find them here Mods To get to this list normally, select 'quick links/view forum Moderators'. As you move your mouse over a name a 'PM' button will appear. Click it for the Mod you want and send your PM.

Real Name
    Dennis Shannon

Hi. my name is Dennis. I shoot with a canon rebel xs. Started about 2 years ago. Take mostly baseball and basketball pics of grand daughters. Allot of shooting indoors with poor lite. joined to learn. Thanks to all

Real Name
    David Peachey

Hi
    I'm David from Canberra, Australia. I used to take photos decades ago on an Olympus OM2n. Children, career and other matters put photography on the back-burner for way too long.
    A couple of years ago I decided to get back into photography, so I bought myself a Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm kit lens. I liked it. Then I bought a 10-24mm lens which I am finding is a tricky lens to master, but I love the effects it gives.
    I have just changed from JPEG to RAW photography and post processing on CS6. What fun!
    I am about to have my first large print delivered to me. I have attached a copy of the image - taken on the Mekong River at sunset.
    Cruising the net has yielded lots of snippets on photography. However, finding CiC has given me access to a so much information! I didn't realise I knew so little. Thank you CiC!
    Cheers
    David

Hi just purchased a Canon t4i and am eager to learn!!

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust3 View Post
    Hi. my name is Dennis. I shoot with a canon rebel xs. Started about 2 years ago. Take mostly baseball and basketball pics of grand daughters. Allot of shooting indoors with poor lite. joined to learn. Thanks to all
    Hi Dennis,
    Welcome to CiC, it's great to have you with us.
    What sort of lens are you using to shot these games with?
    I look forward to seeing some of your pictures and talking to you further over the coming weeks.
    Kind regards
    John

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Peachey View Post
    Hi
    I'm David from Canberra, Australia. I used to take photos decades ago on an Olympus OM2n. Children, career and other matters put photography on the back-burner for way too long.
    A couple of years ago I decided to get back into photography, so I bought myself a Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm kit lens. I liked it. Then I bought a 10-24mm lens which I am finding is a tricky lens to master, but I love the effects it gives.
    I have just changed from JPEG to RAW photography and post processing on CS6. What fun!
    I am about to have my first large print delivered to me. I have attached a copy of the image - taken on the Mekong River at sunset.
    Cruising the net has yielded lots of snippets on photography. However, finding CiC has given me access to a so much information! I didn't realise I knew so little. Thank you CiC!
    Cheers
    David
    Hi David,
    A big welcome to CiC from me.
    Many of our members have returned to photography, after spending years away from their hobby due to family or work commitments. The main thing is 'Your back in the saddle'.
    I think moving from JPEG to Raw is a really good move, it gives you a much better chance to adjust things in PP if you make any errors you may have made when taking a shot.

I very much like your picture and think it wil look good in print hung on your wall.
    I look forward to seeing more of your pictures and talking to you further.
    John

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by whitedove View Post
    Hi just purchased a Canon t4i and am eager to learn!!
    Hi there whitedove,
    Welcome to CiC.
    You say you are eager to learn well you coudn't of come to a better place. CiC has some great tutorials and any other questions can be posted in the forum.
    I look forward to talking to you over the coming weeks and seeing your first picture post.

Please don't forget you can edit your profile and add your real name and a rough location. Most of us use real names here it just makes things a little friendlier.

I hope you enjoy being a member.
    John

Real Name
    Hafedh

Hello everybody;
    I am new to electronic forums in general. I have been photographing for more than 28 years but on Auto mode.
    I just took courses 2 years ago to learn professional ways of dealing with camera and I am willing to take more courses in both photography and image editing in Lynda.com site.
    any advice or suggestion.
    my name is Hafedh.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Hafedh, and a warm welcome to CiC.

You say you are new to electronic forums - well, you could not have chose a better one! There is a wealth of experience here that everyone is ready to share, and a lot of first rate tutorials. You ask for advice or suggestions: the best way to get a response is to think of a specific question and post it in the appropriate forum.

It would be interesting to know what kind of photography you are interested in, and of course to see some of your images!

You might also like to edit your profile and add your real name, Hafedh, there, and also whereabouts in the world you are. That way they will appear with every post.

Best wishes,

Dave