Page 429 of 539 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 10768

Thread: Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by ceeboy14 View Post
    Carl here. Here to look and learn. Thanks, mates.
    Carl - I hope you like what you see and that you learn lots. Welcome to CiC.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    James

Hi, now retired and spend a lot of time on my boat in Belgium. Am hoping to spend some time photographing local wildlife. Don't have expensive equipment but a good enough (I hope) compact, Canon finepix SX150 si.with 14 mpixel -12x optical Xoom . It. Seems to have extensive auto and manual settings so I hope it is enough to start with. Am excited to have found this site and am sure I will learn enough to be able to contribute . james.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Onboardmapadi View Post
    Hi, now retired and spend a lot of time on my boat in Belgium. Am hoping to spend some time photographing local wildlife. Don't have expensive equipment but a good enough (I hope) compact, Canon finepix SX150 si.with 14 mpixel -12x optical Xoom . It. Seems to have extensive auto and manual settings so I hope it is enough to start with. Am excited to have found this site and am sure I will learn enough to be able to contribute . james.
    Hi James,
    Welcome to CiC, it's great to have you with us.
    The camera you have certainly can produce very good pictures and this site and it's members, will give you the help in getting the best out of it.

I look forward to seeing some of your pictures and talking to you further.

Real Name
    Gary

Hi All,

Newbie here, new to forum and photography !!! I have a Canon 600D, learning how to use it ! I'm into Water drop, Landscape, Portrait, Still life and high speed photography, mostly. I'm very luck I have a mate who is a semi pro photographer. Hope I can learn lots here as I find the tutorials amazing.

Gary

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by gazman321 View Post
    Newbie here, new to forum and photography !!!
    Glad you're liking the tutorials Gary. I hope that being part of the forum adds to the enjoyment and usefulness of the site and that you'll take part with questions, comments and, of course, some of you pictures.

Good Day!
    Name is Gary, daughter Maile. We both shoot Nikon and want to learn more about technique and how to get the best photographs we can. We live in Southern California and like to travel, ride bicycles, swim, enjoy sushi and friends. Maile is a painter. I am a doctor and love my work but have always been a fanatic about photography. We both enjoy shooting wildlife, birds, animals, plants, nature, people, faces and anything interesting to us. We like to spend time together composing photos. I have a D800e, she has a D5100. Lenses 24-70mm, 80-400mm for me and 18-35mm, 55-300mm Maile. I have a lot of questions and hope to learn many things by carefully reading the posts on this site!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Maile and Me View Post
    I have a lot of questions and hope to learn many things by carefully reading the posts on this site!
    Hello Gary. I hope that as well as reading, you will be a contributor as well - asking questions, making comments, posting images. CiC aims to be the sort of forum where everyone feels they can participate and not just be a place for so-called 'experts'. The good thing about this forum is that people do remember that they were once at the beginning of the learning curve.

I'm sure you realise as well that, if you want, your daughter can join as a member in her own right.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper names are, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Nguyen Tien Duong

Hi everybody, my name is Tien Duong, I am working and living in Hanoi Vietnam. So far I'm doing design magazine in a media company. I am very happy to know this site and learning a lot from it. I will regularly update the article and photo of me taken to please comment. thanks.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Tien Duong, and welcome to Cambridge in Colour.

I'm a rather new member here myself, and so I know it's a very welcoming place. You've been viewing the site, so you already know that there are many great photographers here who are always willing to offer advice or constructive criticism.

I am looking forward to seeing some photographs from you. I don't think that we have many members from Vietnam, so it will be especially interesting to see your images.

You might want to update your profile to include your real name: I don't know if it's the practice in Vietnam to use both names, and also your location. That way they will appear with every post - it's nice to know where everyone is in the world.

Best wishes,

Dave

Hi everyone,
    I'm Paul. I'm a Brit living in San Francisco. I was an avid photography fan in the olden days, and have rediscovered my enthusiasm with a new dslr. I'm enjoying reading about the recent technological advances, as well as actually taking photographs! I've previously visited CiC to browse, and decided to join in!

Real Name
    Philip

Hi, this is Philip from Houston, Texas. I took up photography almost 50 years ago, learning B&W from a mentor, the father of my best friend in high school back in Indonesia. Over the years my interest gravitated almost exclusively into nature and landscape photography. I found your website through the one of my friend from my camera club the Houston Photochrome Club. He told me about your site when I asked him about an obscure aspect of macro photography, the effect of distance on the effective aperture of a macro lens; and sure enough, I found it! I really like what I've seen so far, and am pretty sure that I will continue learning.

Regards,
    Philip

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by paulph View Post
    I was an avid photography fan in the olden days, and have rediscovered my enthusiasm with a new dslr.
    Just like a lot of on here, Paul. Great to have you here. Glad you decided to 'sign up'.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by pthoutex View Post
    Hi, this is Philip from Houston, Texas. I took up photography almost 50 years ago, learning B&W from a mentor, the father of my best friend in high school back in Indonesia. Over the years my interest gravitated almost exclusively into nature and landscape photography. I found your website through the one of my friend from my camera club the Houston Photochrome Club. He told me about your site when I asked him about an obscure aspect of macro photography, the effect of distance on the effective aperture of a macro lens; and sure enough, I found it! I really like what I've seen so far, and am pretty sure that I will continue learning.

Regards,
    Philip
    Philip

I'm very glad that you found the answer you needed on CiC. I hope that will be repeated for you in the months and years to come. Thank you for joining.

As well as you learning, I hope all that experience will be shared with others so that they might benefit from your knowledge and skills. CiC is that sort of forum.

Real Name
    Nguyen Tien Duong

Hi Dave! I'm new to photography, and also not taking any photography Forum to hear to this web site. I wanted to have the suggestions of experts in photography, to learn the task ahead.

Thanks

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by tantria View Post
    Hello everyone, i tria from indonesia, ths a great recomended to learn photograph. saya berharap dapat mengetahui keindahan canon.
    Hi Aji:

I am a brand new member of this forum too. And I am glad to find a new member from my old hometown. I left more than 40 years ago, and sure hope I can go back to see my old hangout one of these days.

Philip

Real Name
    steve

Hello ,
    Just found this wonderful site by accident . I have just started photography as a hobby and look forward to learning more from everyone who is willing !
    I use a canon 60d with a couple of lenses, a sigma 170-500 and a canon 70-300.
    Thanks

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by steveuk13 View Post
    Just found this wonderful site by accident .
    Steve - I'm very glad you did. Welcome on board.

As you've maybe seen, CiC is all about learning and helping each other in crease and improve our knowledge and skills. There is no such thing as a dumb question and anyone trying to sound as if they're in any way 'superior' soon gets their bubble burst. So, please do join in and, I hope, enjoy it.

Greetings! I'm Gord Perry a semi-retired portrait and "everything else" photographer living in a community too small in which to specialize in one thing. My first love is landscapes and I also dab in "Photo Design ( Calendars, posters, etc.), and a little thing I call PHOTOmagical - a technique where I photograph the patterns of nature and man and stitch them together in photo Shop in opposing orientations. Amazing images result. I an currently working on a Photo Book of my home town - Quesnel, British columbia, Canada. Pleased to be aboard.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Perry View Post
    Greetings! I'm Gord Perry a semi-retired portrait and "everything else" photographer living in a community too small in which to specialize in one thing.
    Gord - Great to have you here. Thanks for joining. I hope you'll enjoy contributing, as well as gaining from others, so that people can benefit from your knowledge and experience. CiC is that sort of forum.

I hope you'll post up some of your PHOTOmagical images.

By the way - If you wish you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.

Hello! My name is Kate. I'm 17 and I'm from Pyatigorsk, Russia. I've been taken photos for a short period of time-3 months because I had my camera bought 3 months ago. But I've already understood my style of photos-nature.
    I've found this website just looking for some books of photo on the Internet, but I'm very glad now.