Page 389 of 539 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 10768

Thread: Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by HTKImages View Post
    My name is Clay and I'm fairly new to photography.
    Clay - It's great to have you here.

I hope you'll find that this is the place to be for someone who is fairly new to photography but who wants to learn and develop. There is no such thing as a dumb question on CiC and any and every question will be treated with respect and there will always be someone around who will try to answer in the most helpful way possible.

So, please do join in and, of course, post up some of your images.

Real Name
    Alison Wood

Hello Everyone I have been receiving your emails and looking at the helpful tutorials for some time, so decided to join. I have been into photography for a long time but am now trying to take it to a higher level. I am a member of Nantwich Camera Club which helps me to gain more knowledge and experience. I use a Canon 7D with various lenses and take a lot of texture/detail shots. I love landscape but am rubbish at it unfortunately. I am looking forward to getting another persective on photography from this website.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by AlK5 View Post
    I have been receiving your emails and looking at the helpful tutorials for some time, so decided to join.
    Very glad you did so, Alison. A very warm welcome.

I love landscape but am rubbish at it unfortunately.
    First thing we've got to do is turn around that attitude. You're not rubbish. You're learning. By that measure we were all rubbish at one point.

I am looking forward to getting another persective on photography from this website.
    I certainly hope that is the case. Please do join in the discussions, give your point of view, ask for comments on your pictures. This is a forum that's all about learning and developing, so please do dive in.

Hello everyone,Pravinkumar from India,Just joined up and wanted to say hello.I have been involved in photography for many years and would like to expand my used to it. Can`t wait to jump in and learn.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by pravinkumardal View Post
    Hello everyone,Pravinkumar from India,Just joined up and wanted to say hello.I have been involved in photography for many years and would like to expand my used to it. Can`t wait to jump in and learn.
    Hello Pravinkumar

Good to have you here as part of CiC. I hope you will jump in and i hope that by doing so, you will be able to increase your knowledge and develop your photographic skills.

If you wish, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your location so that it shows up alongside all your posts, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    sajeev R N

Hi I am Sajeev, from India. I am working with a private firm. But much interested in photography. I was using my 2 mp mobile cam and some digi cams for photography. Last year i brought one SLR cannon 1100 with 18-55 and 75-300 lenses. I was completely blind. I was searching for ABCD of SLR photography and i got CIC. i was reading the basic tutorials and tried to take photos.. Interested in wildlife. Now little improved and looking for more.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by sajeevrn View Post
    Now little improved and looking for more.
    Sajeev - I would suggest that this is a most important achievement to celebrate. If we keep on improving then we are succeeding. And if we retain our hunger to keep learning and developing, then we will improve.

I hope you enjoy being part of CiC and thank you for joining.
    Last edited by Donald; 9th August 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Real Name
    Des Maguire

Hi,my name is Des. I live in Dublin, Ireland and have been interested in photography since my youth.
    I found the site about a year ago and only got around to joining a few days ago.... don't ask me why!!! I usually just looked at the tutorials which I find great.
    My kit comprises of a Canon 60d,17-55 f2.8,55-250 f4.5-5.6,50 f1.8,430 EXII flash and various filters.
    I joined a local camera club last year and have to admit,it was the best thing to do to improve my photography.
    Looking forward to many more visits to the site....it's becoming addictive!!!!!

Des

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by mondmagu View Post
    Hi,my name is Des. I live in Dublin, Ireland and have been interested in photography since my youth.
    I found the site about a year ago and only got around to joining a few days ago.
    Why?

Hello, Des. Great to have you on the forum and a warm welcome to you.

Delighted to hear that being on CiC is becoming addictive - keeps you out of the pub.

Please do involve yourself in the discussions, post up images and ask questions.

Real Name
    Des Maguire

Thanks Donald.I set up an album called 'selections' and added some shots.Can anyone see it and can I view anyone else's album? I have entered some of the mini competitions and must admit,I find them great!

Real Name
    www.eugen360.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I am very glad you did decide to join, Eugen. That night time pano of Frankfurt is very impressive.

I hope you will share your knowledge and expertise with the genre in photography with others on here so that they can also learn and develop knowledge and skills.
    Hello Donald,
    Thank you very much for your kind words and appreciation! I'm not a "teacher" but everything I know is for sharing...

All the best,
    eugen360.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by mondmagu View Post
    Thanks Donald.I set up an album called 'selections' and added some shots.Can anyone see it and can I view anyone else's album?
    If you go to the 'Community' tab on the menu bar above and then choose 'Album' you get to see your own and other albums.

I like 'Cape Reinga'. That's a beauty.

Real Name
    Bill

Hello, my name is Bill. I have been a fan of Cambridge in Color for years, frequently returning just to be bowled over again and again by those splendid shots. I have just only joined July 29th. My wife is actually the photographer and I do all of the PP stuff. We work well together (most of the time). She says I'm a bit heavy handed at times, and I agree. It's a difficult habit to break. We both love and admire good photography. We have lengthy discussions on the philosophical side of the art, excuse me, science, excuse me again, what pleases the eye. Glad to have become a member. Looking forward to good tips and feedback.

Real Name
    Chris Ruhl

Hello! I'm Chris from Arizona. I'm a bit of an amateur photographer - looking to share what I know... and learn what I don't I went cactus watching the other day ... and saw this one:
    Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Real Name
    Grant

Hey people and fellow photographers . . . . Amanda and myself (Grant) have been interested in photography for many years, and while most of it has just been a form of relaxing, both of us have decided to approach it more professionally in 2012.

This year I started at Australia's leading photography college, Ultimo TAFE in Sydney for Cert 4 Photo Imagery, which is considered as one of only 2 major photography courses in Australia that aspire for greatness. The corse is over 2 and 4 yrs.

Amanda has been doing freelancing photography at various musical gigs performed by her fellow students at Australia's leading music college, AIM (Australian Institute Of Music) in Sydney, while she studies for her Major in Music with her instrument of choice, her voice.

Amanda is in her mid 30's, while I'm in my later 50's. We do the gigs together so that we can cover the various aspects of gigs, such as wide shoots, facial/instrument close-ups etc. I love architecture and 'form', while Amanda loves the more personal aspects of photography as well as nature and people.

My TAFE course is forcing me to cover all the aspects involved, and last term we just finished our time in the darkroom, which I loved btw. We have to do 'most' of our imagery in B&W at TAFE, forcing us to look at things a little bit differently than many casual photographers who simply shoot in colour.

Amanda does love her music career and loves helping fellow students and teachers show off their talents by doing the various gigs for them so that they have worthwhile images to share on their websites and facebook accounts.

We both find it very satisfying, and I'm of course sharing the skills I've been learning at TAFE with her. Naturally it's a two way street of course, with the main aim being, enjoying what we do both as individuals, and as friends wanting to share our interests with the world.

A few weeks ago, our class had the opportunity to be shown through Gordon Undy's Point Light Gallery http://www.pointlight.com.au/ in Sydney's Surry Hills. Gordon only uses B&W and large format, and spends a great deal of time doing his own style of 'contact' printing. Check out his site and some of his great imagery. Gordon is a lovely man with a huge passion, and he's inspired me to look further into B&W.

Here's two recent images I did for class with the assignment being "Interiors" and "Silhouette".

Our instructions were that we must include various items such as furniture, windows, doors, and outside lighting, rather than one simple aspect of a interior - Tripod of course and no flash naturally, and lowest default ISO.

I got a 9/10 for Interior (f20 - 15sec set at 18mm using a 18-200mm lens on Nikon D300), and awaiting mark on the Silhouette, but obviously there were elements I need to look at, but that's why I'm there, to learn. The other is "Silhouette" (f20 - 1/4000 18-200 on Nikon D300) which was shot at around 1pm in the bright early afternoon sun, with a dark orange tone for a sense of 'heat' added in Adobe Lightroom.

Note, these are just .gif files saved-for-web.

I'll share some of Amanda's images soon.
    Last edited by MiniMin53; 10th August 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by artifact View Post
    Hello, my name is Bill. I have been a fan of Cambridge in Color for years, frequently returning just to be bowled over again and again by those splendid shots. I have just only joined July 29th. My wife is actually the photographer and I do all of the PP stuff. We work well together (most of the time). She says I'm a bit heavy handed at times, and I agree. It's a difficult habit to break. We both love and admire good photography. We have lengthy discussions on the philosophical side of the art, excuse me, science, excuse me again, what pleases the eye. Glad to have become a member. Looking forward to good tips and feedback.
    Hello Bill.

First up - If you prefer being addressed as Bill, you might want to edit your 'Real Name' in your profile to Bill rather than William, so that this is what appears alongside your posts.

Anyway, great to have you here and i hope you (and your wife) enjoy being involved.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by chrisruhl View Post
    Hello! I'm Chris from Arizona. I'm a bit of an amateur photographer - looking to share what I know... and learn what I don't
    That is exactly what CiC is all about.

Welcome, Chris. Thank you for joining and I look froward to you being an active member on the forum.

By the way, if you wish, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your location so that it shows up alongside all your posts, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMin53 View Post
    Hey people and fellow photographers . . . . Amanda and myself (Grant) have been interested in photography for many years, and while most of it has just been a form of relaxing, both of us have decided to approach it more professionally in 2012..
    Welcome Grant (Hopefully Amanda will also sign up). Very glad that you've decided to join CiC.

I hope being part of the forum contributes to your learning and development (which is what CiC is all about) and complements your studies at college. Thank you for posting up those introductory images and i look forward to seeing many more in the future.

hieeee i am jeremy from INDIA..i been reading the forums and also been using the tutorials which were really useful for my photography ....and am sooo exited joining this website

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by jeremykurian View Post
    hieeee i am jeremy from INDIA..i been reading the forums and also been using the tutorials which were really useful for my photography ....and am sooo exited joining this website
    Hello Jeremy and I'm very glad to hear that you're pleased to join CiC. We're very pleased to have you here.

If you've been looking into the forum you'll have a good idea of how things work. So, please do get involved in discussions and I hope you will post up some of your images.

By the way, if you wish, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your location so that it shows up alongside all your posts, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.