Real Name
    Yegor

The Stranger Between Us!!!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Stranger Between Us!!!

Yegor

Like your image, here, the problem with this image is the sky. There is no detail in the sky and I do think that this weakens the effect of the picture. Otherwise, I think this is an example of good street photography.

I think both this and your other (Light the Universe) image illustrate a good point about photography - needing to wait for the correct light.

You said in your previous thread, "Believe, here there is no sun 3 weeks! And I saw the dark blue sky almost one month ago". And when we are enthusiastic and want to get out with our camera we sometimes persuade ourselves that the lighting conditions are suitable, when, in fact, we should realise that the conditions are not correct for making the image that we have planned.

This is when being patient becomes one of the important skills for a photographer. Maybe you need to re-visit this location when you do have a good sky.

This does not mean that you cannot make good images on such poor days. But you must be aware of the lighting conditions. So, if the light in the sky is not suitable, then you need to concentrate on making images that do not include the sky.

I agree with what you said that, " ... I not so like to transform a photo in artificial with some programme" and do not like creating an 'artificial' sky. So, the only alternative is to wait until the light in the sky is suitable to make the picture you wish.
    Last edited by Donald; 9th December 2010 at 11:02 PM.

Real Name
    Yegor

It completely agree, at first it is difficult to see all subtleties of a picture, I shall try. Thanks!

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

I completely agree with you, Donald. BUT when the lighting is perfect, what are the chances that he would have the same composition, same view even then?
    The instance captured happened just when it was shot. It won't be there again, unless & until set up on our own.
    I feel at times it's ok to compromise with technicalities but capture the moment.... Just sharing my views.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    Are these gentlemen waiting for work?

Real Name
    Yegor

They sell bags and escape from carabinieres. Then wait, when will pass patrol, as on a photo