Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Opening

Real Name
    Alex

Opening

Got the chance for a walk when I got home yesterday just before the sunset. Didn't manage to far as the snow was knee deep in the fields. Liked this with the open gate leading you to the mist covered BG leaving it a bit of a mystery to what's there

40D, Sigma 10-20, FL 10mm, Av f/16, Tv 0.3, ISO100, Tripod, 0.3 grad.

C&C welcome

Opening

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Re: Opening

Excellent conversion Alex. The toning is perfect to my taste and the drifting in the snow picked out very subtly.
    I can't make up my mind up as to whether or not the composition would have been stronger with a slightly lower or higher viewpoint, which would move the snow line in the gateway off centre.
    A delightful shot nevertheless.

Lovely shot, Alex, especially wit the drift lines leading into the centre of the shot.

Real Name
    Yegor

I want a snow!!!! But in Venice only rains((
    Perfect! Well done

Real Name
    Shane Kupono Costa

I love how the snow looks so smooth, and has little dips in it.

I can feel the cold! I think thats what snow shots should do. Well done!

Real Name
    Peter

Nice shot Alex. I like the balance and proportions in the composition and the slight bend in the drive makes it. I am so pleased though that if I go to the snow it is by choice. I am not sure I could live with it all day long like this but wonderful to see.

Real Name
    Ali

Wonderful shot, Alex! It is so mysterious...

Alex, you are eating at my nonchalance toward landscapes You will have me admiring fluffy water and shiny boulders next....did i just say that. Strike that from the record I plead diminished responsibility.

I think the reason this image has such an impact on me is that it is a walk in landscape that I can roam around in. A lot of landscapers drag me bodily to the image and then proceed to visually explain every blade of grass in eye glazing detail and clamp my head in their technically correct composition. This invites me to use my own brain. Your (arctic) snow image had the similar qualities.

You really must ignore me if you wish to produce 'popular' landcapes though. My views probably border on lunacy to establishment photographers