Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Real Name
    Dave

Re: NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi Peter, a warm but very belated welcome to CiC. I can see you've already been participating in the forums, so I hope you'll stay around and, as you say, learn and contribute.

Regards, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by pschlute View Post
    Hi, new member here.

I have been snapping away for around 40 years, but there is always something new to learn.

I don't have one particular style and I am just a hobbyist, but this year I have been getting to grips with multiple off camera flash for portraits. Just dogs for subjects so far, and I hope at some point to be brave enough to tackle a human subject.

Also been trying out ND filters for landscape pictures, which I had never really tried properly before.

My Flickr page here https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_schluter/

I have always found CIC website very useful and I hope I can both learn from and contribute to the forums.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Daniel, welcome to CiC and to the wonderful world of photography. This is a great place to share and learn, and remember that the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask!

There are members here who have an interest in pretty much every area of photography, including night skies, so if you'd like feedback on your pictures just post them in Nature and Architecture, and ask for "C&C"

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by slowcheetah View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am Daniel from Budapest. I started photography one month ago, as a hobby, so I have a lot to learn.
    I am especially interested in night sky photography, but I am also open to other topics. This photo above is from this morning, I really like the colours of the early morning sky, before dawn.

Real Name
    John S Sadowsky

Hi - I'm a new member from Mesa Arizona. I've been shooting with a Nikon D700, but I'm about to jump ship and purchase a Sony A7R III.

Real Name
    Matt

I've used the impressive and helpful resources of this site for a long time; the forum seems like a equally rewarding place.

I shoot digital and analog - I'm a real enthusiast; apart from taking pictures, exploring gear is another passion (even though things are settling down overall). I have lots to learn about post processing specifically - and that goes for film, too, even if that's a totally different matter. Another growing interest is printing, and, by extension, scanning - but those two aspects will probably have to take a back seat for some while to come because both demand a lot of time I'd rather spend shooting.

M.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi John, and welcome on board. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Best regards, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jssadowsky View Post
    Hi - I'm a new member from Mesa Arizona. I've been shooting with a Nikon D700, but I'm about to jump ship and purchase a Sony A7R III.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Matt - glad you have decided to join up.

If you've been around for a while, you'll know the kind of community this is, so jump into the forums. Look forward to seeing and hearing more from Switzerland.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MoonMind View Post
    I've used the impressive and helpful resources of this site for a long time; the forum seems like a equally rewarding place.

I shoot digital and analog - I'm a real enthusiast; apart from taking pictures, exploring gear is another passion (even though things are settling down overall). I have lots to learn about post processing specifically - and that goes for film, too, even if that's a totally different matter. Another growing interest is printing, and, by extension, scanning - but those two aspects will probably have to take a back seat for some while to come because both demand a lot of time I'd rather spend shooting.

M.

Real Name
    Finn Goldbach

Hi, my name is Finn. I am born and grown up in Denmark, after military service have I worked in the IT business for IBM and Hitachi Data Systems, after 4 Decades of work in Denmark, UK and Germany am I now retired and live in Germany. I live in an area where the nature is gorgeous, and to share that with others photography became an interest. I got hooked and took an online course from New York Institute of Photography, and later I acquired the “Wedding and Portrait international certificate” by WPPIC. I have a small business doing Boudoir and Glamour shooting, however, most of my work is a non-profit following a Belly Dance group and shooting their performance. I am a Nikon shooter using D4S, D800 and D5100 bodies, however, all my lenses are Sigma. On the software side, I mainly use Capture One, Photoshop and Exposure X3. I have just bought 3D LUT Creator and is amazed, what I can do with this tool, however, I guess I need mouths to be able to master it.

Real Name
    Dave

Hello Finn, and a warm welcome to CiC. That's a very impressive cv you have there, and I hope you'll be sharing your expertise and photographs (following a belly dance troupe sounds an entertaining way to spend one's retirement).

I'd never heard of 3D LUT Creator, so I had a look. My mind is suitably blown!

Best regards,

Dave

Real Name
    Art

Hi My names Art and I got hooked on taking photos about a year ago. Whenever possible I'm riding around the Vancouver area on my bicycle taking photos. For me the fun is in taking the photo, and is where I hope to keep learning.

Real Name
    Andrew

Hello Everyone, I'm Andy and I reside in Chorley in Lancashire U.K. I love ALL photography but have a hankering towards Landscaping. I do teach it as a profession so I hope that doesn't get me banned from the group Ha! Ha! I do travel globally doing what I do but I always find myself back in Scotland, one of my favourite locations.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Catherine

Hi Andy! What a beautiful photo.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Art and welcome to CiC. You've certainly got masses of photo opportunities over there on the west coast so keep taking those photos, and may be show us some. This place is all about sharing and learning, so I hope you'll be joining in.

Regards, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Artshot View Post
    Hi My names Art and I got hooked on taking photos about a year ago. Whenever possible I'm riding around the Vancouver area on my bicycle taking photos. For me the fun is in taking the photo, and is where I hope to keep learning.

Real Name
    Andrew

Thanks-I use it as a demo about taking photos in extreme conditions. This was taken in pouring rain and horrific winds in a long exposure of 2 minutes

Hi, I am Abhinav residing in Bangalore, India. I have just started to learn the nuances of photography and really look forward to the expert advice from CIC members. I own a Nikon D5500 and 18-55mm VR II kit lens.

Hi everyone I am Pete, I live near Bolton, England. Having just started in photography my brother in law has shown me your site and suggested I join, looking through the wonderful shots on the site I hope to learn so much.
    As a first camera I have chosen a Nikon D3300, thank you for invite.

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav View Post
    Hi, I am Abhinav residing in Bangalore, India. I have just started to learn the nuances of photography and really look forward to the expert advice from CIC members. I own a Nikon D5500 and 18-55mm VR II kit lens.
    Hello Abhinav, and a very warm welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy being here, and find it helpful in your learning. If you are just starting, check out the tutorials on this site; they should help you on your way.

Would you mind adding your name and location to your profile - then they will appear alongside all your posts.

Best regards, Dave

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Pete 1634 View Post
    Hi everyone I am Pete, I live near Bolton, England. Having just started in photography my brother in law has shown me your site and suggested I join, looking through the wonderful shots on the site I hope to learn so much.
    As a first camera I have chosen a Nikon D3300, thank you for invite.
    Hello Pete, and a warm welcome. There's quite a few members here from the North West of the England, as well as further afield. This place is all about learning and sharing, so please jump right in with any questions you have, or any pictures you'd like feedback on. Did you brother in law point you to the tutorials here - they are very much worth a look.

Would you mind adding your name and location to your profile - then they will appear alongside all your posts.

Best regards, Dave

Real Name
    Derek Kemp

Hello to All. I'm new, here at least. Can't say I'm new to photography. My Dad gave me my first camera at 14. Well, that was 58 years ago. Hi-Fi and building it and audio in general became my first passion during my late teens and earlier adulthood.. But Photography has overtaken that during the past 40 odd years. Transparency film was my medium of choice. But the passion really took hold in 2006 with my acceptance of digital, with as of then, my 20D. 2008 saw my acquisition of a 5D, and now a 5Dll, since 2011.
    My other great Love is hiking in the alpine, although time is taking its toll there, but I still get out, and still manage a few peaks & yes my 5Dll goes with me everywhere.
    I have a hosted site and you welcome to visit, and I will add that this is the first time I have publicly advertised it: dkemphoto.zenfolio.com and here's a sample, one of my favourites. http://dkemphoto.zenfolio.com/p56255...8926#ha1348926 If you see mistakes please let me know :-)
    Cheers to All.

Real Name
    Dave

Hello Derek, and welcome to CiC.

I went over and had a look at your photos - there are some great images there. Unfortunately, my body has given up on me, and I only see such sites from ground level or on the road!

I hope that you enjoy and share some learning as a member, and I hope to see and hear more from you soon.

Dave

Real Name
    Dave

Hello Horatio, and a warm welcome to CiC. Pleased to see that you've already jumped into the forums. You've probably realised that we are all about learning and helping each other, so I'm sure you'll fit right in. Would you mind adding your (approximate) location to your profile, so that it appears alongside all your posts. As well as it being nice to know where everyone is from, it can be useful when offering advice.

Best regards, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioH View Post
    Hello everybody. This forum seems to be a terrific place and I hope to be able to contribute something worthy. My name is Horatio and I am from the USA. My first camera was a Brownie, which evolved into a number of others including a Zeiss Icon, when I lived in Berlin, to a Nikormat, then to my current Nikon. My desire is to learn as much as possible about taking good images.

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast