Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Gallery Prints

Gallery Prints

A local gallery would like to sell some of my work and I would appreciate advice on print runs for gallery pictures. Also any good frame suppliers at trade prices?

Thanks in advance.

John
    Last edited by John B Walker; 28th November 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Gallery Prints

John

Presumably you want to get frames from within the country in which you live. If you told us where that was, then members from that country might be able to advise.

Hello Donald

Thanks for your reply. Yes on reflection, I was a bit vague with my question.

I live in Canterbury, UK.

I have seen reasonably priced frames in Ikea and expensive ones in Habitat but would prefer to buy in bulk direct. I have tried many searches on the net but none have been very succcessful so far.

With regards to multiple print runs, I'm thinking of using a pro-lab but I thought there might be a better way that one of the forum members could advise on.

Regards
    John

Real Name
    Peter

Hi John,

Go into a framing shop and most frames they sell are purchased from wholesalers and come with a manufactures name or mark on the paper inside in the frame. Look up the name on the interent and contact them. Most are happy to deal direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    Hi John,

Go into a framing shop and most frames they sell are purchased from wholesalers and come with a manufactures name or mark on the paper inside in the frame. Look up the name on the interent and contact them. Most are happy to deal direct.
    Thank you Peter.

An excellent suggestion - much apreciated .

Regards
    John