Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Queens Park Lancashire UK

Real Name
    Bryant Pound

Queens Park Lancashire UK

Every day I go out into the local park to practice my photographic skills. Just now my park is looking its worst, the light is soft and very low and the trees have just lost all their leaves and the staff are trying to tidy up after high winds. However, I still feel I must do my best with what I am presented with. Taking so many images I tend at times to lose perspective, so I am not sure that I am on the right track or this is the type of image that should not be put on the public domain and I should wait for better times.
    IDs Mk 11 with Canon 135mm F2, hand held. To compress the depth,try to obtain a good composition, make the best of the colour as seen and create an interesting shot.
    P.S.
    I have broad shoulders.

_k9n5856-qp.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bryant; 23rd November 2010 at 09:39 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Queens Park Lancashire UK

Bryant

Have you read the threads acessible from this link. Once applied, then we 'll be able to see your work at a size that makes it possible for us to comment.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
    Every day I go out into the local park to practice my photographic skills. Just now my park is looking its worst, the light is soft and very low and the trees have just lost all their leaves and the staff are trying to tidy up after high winds. However, I still feel I must do my best with what I am presented with. Taking so many images I tend at times to lose perspective, so I am not sure that I am on the right track or this is the type of image that should not be put on the public domain and I should wait for better times.
    IDs Mk 11 with Canon 135mm F2, hand held. To compress the depth,try to obtain a good composition, make the best of the colour as seen and create an interesting shot.
    P.S.
    I have broad shoulders.

_k9n5856-qp.jpg
    If by better times you mean when the leaves are in full bloom then no don't wait. You can find something presentable at any time of the year, it is up to you as a photographer to not only find a pearl but to have a presentation worth critiqueing. With the image you submitted think of how this would look at another time of the day, consider your composition, what do you want us to see, what would you title this image?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Bryant,

If your usual subject/view is full of too much disorganised detail, try getting closer to the subject;
    a) be bolder with composition, include less, e.g. try getting down low and shooting up that rising path, just have the two areas of leaf covered grass either side of the central path, shot low and almost side/back lit revealing the texture of the tarmac.
    b) get even closer, look for cameo scenes and concentrate on those, not quite macro, but getting there.

To make you feel better, that was a whole lot easier to say than I myself manage to put into practice when I'm out

Cheers,

Real Name
    Bryant Pound

Hi! John,
    As I go out every day with my camera I do as in this case end up trying to force perfection when with thought and a little nudge, I should come to recognize it is clearly not there.. My problem is simply accepting this is a practice shot and let it go at that. Should of course I take the definitive shot, then keep it and see if it is possible to come back and take it with the right gear and applying the full professional touch.
    Thank you for being that gentle nudge.

Real Name
    Bryant Pound

Hi Dave,
    I was on my knees when I took this shot and from the comments so far am still on my bended knees, only this time with a slightly inclined head.
    Just my perverse sense humour, will try better with my next submission.