Thread: Macro Nature

Real Name
    David

Macro Nature

Using a macro filter on an 18-55mm lens

dsc01390smll.jpg

dsc01221smll.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 20th November 2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add images inline

Real Name
    John

Re: Macro Nature

I like them but they could use a spot of red to contrast with the bright colors

Real Name
    David

Cheers Shadowman. How would you introduce redinto the picture?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Cheers Shadowman. How would you introduce redinto the picture?
    Tinman,

You could change the overall color temperature which would bring out some of the reds in the tips.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Tinman,

You could change the overall color temperature which would bring out some of the reds in the tips.
    This is the most I could do with the color temperature and tint.

Macro Nature

Is this what you had in mind?

Macro Nature

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Is this what you had in mind?

Macro Nature
    Yes, what was your method?

I used a transformation in Picture Window Pro 5 called Color Correct. You simply select the color you want to change - in this case one point in the darkest part of the stamens - the point appears at the appropriate location on the color wheel. Then you drag that point to where you want it in the color wheel and colors change correspondingly in the photo. I made it redder. You can see the point and where I moved it to on the upper right edge of the color wheel. There is quite a bit of control since you can use multiple points and drag each one or just leave them as anchors so that color wont change. Its very intuitive.

Macro Nature

You can get the Color Correction as a plugin called Color Mechanic Pro if you dont have PWP.
    http://dl-c.com/content/view/12/26/

Real Name
    David

That is an impressive alteration. thnx

I live in a small village near the town of Bicester Oxfordshire
    Real Name
    Terry Vale

HI Folks,

I dont know what I am doing wrong, but been trying to upload a image for some time now, so this is my last try.

2010-11-16-14.16.28-zs-dmap.jpg

The image is of a fly made up from 57 photos stacked, camera nikon D70 with 105 macro lens & +2 & + 4 diopter on the front.

Camera is on manul control mouted on a tripod used remote for the shutter.

Regards
    Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 23rd November 2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: add image inline

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by TEL1749 View Post
    HI Folks i dont know what i am doing wrong but ben trying to upload a image for some time now , so this is my last try.
    Terry
    Have you studied the threads available from this link?

Well, I did take a double take when I saw this. This is mine. The japanese anemone is tricky because of the delicate, sparkly, yet, like velvet texture. I worked on them for a month or two, this summer. It was hard for me to not blow out the color on the inside of the petals because the center stamens are so saturated. Then, there's the outside of the petals - they're a completely different exposure, too. Here's mine:

Macro Nature

I exposed and focused for the petals, I should just mention, however, that I took this with my 18-55mm kit lens and, then, cropped. No extension.

It's a work in progress....
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 23rd November 2010 at 01:05 PM.

I live in a small village near the town of Bicester Oxfordshire
    Real Name
    Terry Vale

HI Dave
    Thanks for sorting out my fly image, i was going to have a other go tomorow.
    There are some really nice pic's on this forum well done every one, i am green with envious, as told at school,((Must try harder))
    regards
    Terry

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Well, I did take a double take when I saw this. This is mine. The japanese anemone is tricky because of the delicate, sparkly, yet, like velvet texture. I worked on them for a month or two, this summer. It was hard for me to not blow out the color on the inside of the petals because the center stamens are so saturated. Then, there's the outside of the petals - they're a completely different exposure, too. Here's mine:

Macro Nature

I exposed and focused for the petals, I should just mention, however, that I took this with my 18-55mm kit lens and, then, cropped. No extension.

It's a work in progress....
    Works in progress are the best for learning.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    I used a transformation in Picture Window Pro 5 called Color Correct. You simply select the color you want to change - in this case one point in the darkest part of the stamens - the point appears at the appropriate location on the color wheel. Then you drag that point to where you want it in the color wheel and colors change correspondingly in the photo. I made it redder. You can see the point and where I moved it to on the upper right edge of the color wheel. There is quite a bit of control since you can use multiple points and drag each one or just leave them as anchors so that color wont change. Its very intuitive.

Macro Nature

You can get the Color Correction as a plugin called Color Mechanic Pro if you dont have PWP.
    http://dl-c.com/content/view/12/26/
    There is a similar process in Photoshop Elements but you have to be very careful with the brushes or the alterations looks obvious.

Real Name
    David

well fancy that, two images almost excalty the same.... Great minds and all.......

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    There is a similar process in Photoshop Elements but you have to be very careful with the brushes or the alterations looks obvious.
    The color correction transformation doesn't use brushes. I have attached a new version of the photo to show the effect more clearly but this time I dragged the color to blue instead of making it redder. If I wanted to make the stamens all blue, I would need to select some lighter yellow points and drag them to the blue points of equivalent saturation. By the way, this blue transformation definitely looks obvious.

Macro Nature