Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What Breed do you think she is?

Real Name
    Richard

What Breed do you think she is?

We have just received this little girl as a foster in our Maltese rescue program. We are pretty sure that she is Maltese crossed with something. But what? The ears are big and almost look a little like a Chihuahua but, she soesn't have any of the other characteristics of that breed. She may have some kind of terrier genes, like perhaps a West Highland Terrier. What kind of dog do you think she is. She is about 7 pounds and is perhaps fully grown at 10-months. Her coat is primarily white but has some traces of brown in it.

By the way, the Shelter had this little darling listed as aggressive and possibly vicious but, she was just scared to death. She has been loving and gentle with us and with the many other dogs that live in our house. She will make someone a nice pet.

We call her Betty Rabbit because of those ears...

What Breed do you think she is?

Real Name
    Peter

Re: What Breed do you think she is?

That's one small dog. I have a cat that is 16.5 pounds and over 3 foot long from nose to tail. I'd say this little girl is lunch.

Real Name
    Chris

Maggie (my wife) believes the other side of the combination is Westie...... Not sure myself.....

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Well, the ears are a bit "corgi on a bad-hair day" to me, but the colour and body config don't really do corgi.

Real Name
    Richard

Whatever breed she is, she grabbed the heart of a family who are adopting her today. That shows you, personality is more important than looks. She has only been with us since Saturday morning which is a very quick turn-around.

I don't know how it is in other parts of the world but, the economic climate in the U.S. is quite bad and there are multiple foreclosures of residential homes which has increased the number of dogs being abandoned or given up by their owners.

We have had, during this summer, twenty-four rescue Maltese (17 puppies plus 7 adults) living with us as fosters. We have placed all of them except two females which need a lot of socialization since they came from a puppy mill.

Real Name
    Niall

As a proud owner of a West Highland Terrier, they look suspiciously like Westie ears to me.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by niallc99 View Post
    As a proud owner of a West Highland Terrier, they look suspiciously like Westie ears to me.
    Yep, I thought that as well. I would say that's almost a certainty.