Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Stroll in The Park

A Stroll in The Park

Well the Business Park actually. My youngest daughter had an assignment to shoot architecture and I cycle through this local business park every day. I rang the site security and they asked me to come down and see the Site Manager. Upshot was, a free reign to shoot anywhere out side the buildings. Good old Dad

I just ended up taking casual snaps whilst my daughter set to work. I promise I started with every intention of doing some conventional building shots and there was even a puddle with ducks and a swan...see

A Stroll in The Park

Then I got bored, rolled a cigarette started to let my mind wander

A Stroll in The Park

A Stroll in The Park

A Stroll in The Park

A Stroll in The Park

A Stroll in The Park

A Stroll in The Park

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: A Stroll in The Park

What a clever and imaginative daddy. Brilliant stuff (apart from the first one)

Real Name
    Steve

Is it private, why do you have to ask permission to photograph what you can see if it isn't an issue of national security? Well they sure as hell wouldn't give me permission.

Well maybe you could sell the images then.

I noticed you found your old style in#3 and next from last, I like #1 as well because I don't think anything over 50 degrees fov is necessarily a snapshot. It appears that you are doing something clever in the next from last.

I would be interested what happens if you tried to sell #5 or some others, given that you have permission.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Great stuff Steve, although I have to agree with Donald that the first doesn't match the remainder.

If it's not too pertinent a question - where are your daughter's shots? Yours are very good - very arty - but we want to see the student stuff!

Thanks for the comments gents.

Is it private, why do you have to ask permission to photograph what you can see if it isn't an issue of national security? Well they sure as hell wouldn't give me permission.
    Steve, it is private, it is a very large area sited on a former ordnance factory. I used to play on the derelict site when I was a kid. To be honest given that it is patrolled very regularly by security guards I played safe and asked permission. I might have got away with it with a P&S but with two of use with DSLRs and equipment..no chance.

I noticed you found your old style in#3 and next from last, I like #1 as well because I don't think anything over 50 degrees fov is necessarily a snapshot. It appears that you are doing something clever in the next from last.
    I am trying to get back to the simpler images. Next from last is simply the reflection in a window.

Donald that the first doesn't match the remainder.
    That was posted tongue in cheek. I was illustrating my frame of mind at the start of the shoot. I soon warmed up though and totally ignored my daughter when she was complaining of the cold. I stopped when my fingers began to sieze up

If it's not too pertinent a question - where are your daughter's shots? Yours are very good - very arty - but we want to see the student stuff!
    Hmm, good point, she rarely shows her images other than to ask me if something is OK. I might try and persuade her to post although I expect she fears we are all past it and way uncool. I will put her right