Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Color conversion problem in Capture One 5 Pro

Color conversion problem in Capture One 5 Pro

Hello,

I am new here and this is my first post ! I am an enthusiastic amateur photographer living in the northern parts of the Netherlands.

I just converted a bunch of images with Capture One 5 Pro. I found out that a purple color (of my daugther's clothes) was rendered blue. I found out that this has to do with the way Capture One deals with colors. It has 4 options:
    - perceptual;
    - relative colorimetric;
    - saturation;
    - absolute colorimetric.

For the wrong rendering of the purple color I used perceptual. Switching to absolute colorimetric renders the correct color.
    As far as I know it is not a white balance issue, cause the other colors are rendered correctly.

Can anyone inform me about those options and which option is the best to use or which option for what kind of picture is the best !
    The ICC profile in the output recipe is set to the standard sRGB Color Space profile. I am using the most recent version Capture One Pro and I am using the version2 profile for my D90.

I also posted this on two other sites. Although the replies were usefull they mainly told me to do a lot reading. To be honest I do not want to do that, cause I do not have the time for it. I am hoping for a quick and simple solution, if it exists.

Remmelt

Re: Color conversion problem in Capture One 5 Pro

Hello,
    I just found out that using the version 1 ICC profile for the D90 renders the correct color, so purple stays purple. It might be that the newer version 2 ICC profile for the D90 is erroneous (but that is my conclusion sofar). I created a support case at www.phaseone.com.

Remmelt