Thread: Waiting for Adobe...

Real Name
    Dan

Waiting for Adobe...

Since there has been some back-and-forth here about Adobe support, I thought a few people might find this amusing. I'm currently on waiting for an agent to respond via chat to a problem I submitted: when I loaded CC on a second computer, it signed me in but doesn't believe that I am signed in; it keeps prompting me to sign in. Only a minor annoyance, since the software is working just fine, and it never prompts me more than twice (usually only once).

Their server is supposed to keep you updated about the wait time. Note the wait times and queue positions below:

Waiting for Adobe...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

re: Waiting for Adobe...

Nos 19, 20 and 21 talk too much!

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Nos 19, 20 and 21 talk too much!
    No, I think it is morning tea time...

Real Name
    Dan

No, I think THIS must be tea time:

Waiting for Adobe...

Real Name
    Ole

Will I have another cup of coffee? Nah I'll have another cup of coffee. Changed my mind, I think I will have another coffee. Oh well!
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Dan

I think a beer might help more.

Maybe I should retract some earlier comments about Adobe support. After roughly an hour, I got through to a tech. I had started by posting that my problem was with incorrect login requests from CC software on a second computer. The tech informed me that my post had "landed" in the wrong place and that he can only deal with the stand-alone Lightroom product. He said he would transfer me to the right group and that it would be fast. A little bit later, I got the first of the message below. I haven't timed it, but I think these messages are about 5 minutes apart.

Waiting for Adobe...

Meanwhile, I googled (well, duckduckgo-ed) and found that the problem isn't rare, but the solution wasn't readily apparent from what I read. I tried signing out manually and signing back in. Perhaps that will work.

Real Name
    Ted

Excellent thread, Dan!

I'm currently "waiting for UPS" for a $13 Bausch and Lomb loupe. Ordered on eBay and shipped about 6 weeks ago, UPS tracking notes for this item are a joke. A long list of daily excuses up till three days ago, when they finally mentioned "weather conditions".

Truth is that the road between here and town has been out ever since Hurricane Harvey and they refuse to use the longer alternative route!

eBay refunded me about a week ago, but UPS is still showing my loupe "out for delivery" daily. Kind of like when a robot goes wrong in movies and it just keeps repeating itself . . itself . . itself . .
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 28th November 2017 at 12:21 AM.

Real Name
    Richard

IMO: Adobe "Customer Service" is the original OXYMORON

Real Name
    Dan

Richard,

Sad to say, I am now somewhat of a convert to your opinion. After about an hour and a half, I decided to cut off the chat (well, the wait for the chat) and try to solve the problem by myself.

One aspect of this--hardly unique to Adobe--is their attempt to ward off support requests by encouraging the customer to submit questions to a "community." unfortunately, this doesn't always work, and it can take a lot of time. In essence, they are telling customers to try to solve their problems with the product with each other, without troubling the vendor. However, some companies maintain a reasonably high level of customer service for people who don't find what they want on a forum. Some don't.

Dan

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Waiting for Adobe...

What about this for a "WAITING FOR ADOBE" horror story

Late one Friday afternoon (Pacific Standard Time) I phoned adobe because of a problem that I was having.

I was given the option of leaving my phone number with the expectation that an Adobe Representative would phone me.

Sure enough, in about 15 minutes my phone rang. I answered it and the call disconnected so I hung up. Five minutes later, the phone rang again and the same thing happened. This continued for over an hour while I was frantically trying to find a human at Adobe to answer my distress call and get them to stop calling and disconnecting.

If all else fails, always call a sales department. You will usually find a human to talk with. I called with my cell phone and got an answer from a Canon Sales Department in San Francisco, California. I blurted out my problem to the sales rep who answered and she was able to send an email to Canon in India - telling them my problem.

Well, as a result of her efforts my phone stopped ringing. However, I never got to speak with a "Customer Service" representative.

This is only one moment in a litany of problems I have had with Adobe

My feelings are, I love Photoshop and Bridge but, I hate Adobe

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    Excellent thread, Dan!

I'm currently "waiting for UPS" for a $13 Bausch and Lomb loupe. Ordered on eBay and shipped about 6 weeks ago, UPS tracking notes for this item are a joke. A long list of daily excuses up till three days ago, when they finally mentioned "weather conditions".
    Update:

Waiting for Adobe...

gotta luv it . . .

Real Name
    E. James

Many years ago I called Adobe sales and the salesman GAVE me a serial number so that I could obtain the latest release at an upgrade price. Now that was service!
    Last edited by Abitconfused; 27th December 2017 at 08:37 AM.