Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The more I read the more I refine my needs

Real Name
    Brian

Re: The more I read the more I refine my needs

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    The best place for that type of information is the DxO Mark website, where performance characteristics of different cameras and sensors are available. The website even has the ability to do a side-by-side comparison of different camera models.

The bad news for you, from a Sony perspective is that the highest scoring cameras are their full-frame A7R models (all three) and some of the fixed lens Sony Cybershot cameras. The crop frame sensor cameras are further down the list.

https://www.dxomark.com/category/camera-reviews/
    The good news is that in my price range the a68 is the top of the list. If i'm reading the list right?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

It looks like the A68 is marginally better than your A58 in everything except for low light performance, where it tests worse.

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Comp...-58___1055_864

Real Name
    Brian

It looks like the A68 is marginally better than your A58 in everything except for low light performance, where it tests worse.

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Comp...-58___1055_864
    I double checked and you're right. Maybe it's time to include all makes.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Brian - I think it is less the makes and more the price point you are working with.

The cameras you are looking at are getting into the mid-range enthusiast line. The features you would like are those found in high end, full-frame prosumer / professional cameras.

Have you looked at the Sony A6000 or A6300? They seem to be getting better and while their low light performance is not great, it seems to be a lot better than the models you are looking at.

Real Name
    Brian

Brian - I think it is less the makes and more the price point you are working with.

The cameras you are looking at are getting into the mid-range enthusiast line. The features you would like are those found in high end, full-frame prosumer / professional cameras.

Have you looked at the Sony A6000 or A6300? They seem to be getting better and while their low light performance is not great, it seems to be a lot better than the models you are looking at.
    I am starting to. And with an adaptor I think I can take my tamron macro along

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12