Turkey Trot 2017, 14000 runners

Walking Dead Trot: Devil in the Details
    f/4.5, ISO 1250, 1/250sec
    Walking Dead Trot: Devil in the Details
    f/5.6, ISO 800, 1/200sec

Real Name
    Leland Leger

Re: Walking Dead Trot: Devil in the Details

Good pics, shows the event quite well and the emotions there-in. I like the photogenic girl in the first one center framed; also the mixed feelings of people's faces in the second.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by w0ppe View Post
    Good pics, shows the event quite well and the emotions there-in. I like the photogenic girl in the first one center framed; also the mixed feelings of people's faces in the second.
    Hi Leland,

Thanks for commenting.

Real Name
    Catherine

I really like the photos. The top one is terrific in black and white, and I agree, the girl makes the photo particularly good. The second is great too - I’m enjoyong zooming in on the different faces seeing their different responses.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineA View Post
    I really like the photos. The top one is terrific in black and white, and I agree, the girl makes the photo particularly good. The second is great too - I’m enjoyong zooming in on the different faces seeing their different responses.
    Hi Catherine,

Thanks for commenting, yes the second image was a cropping dilemma; I ended up only trimming a bit off the bottom and left side as I kept seeing individuals that made for a better overall look.

Real Name
    Sharon

Love these, very well done. Interesting the difference in the "runners" in #1 vs. #2. The guy with the devil tail in #2, ugh just a little too much
    There's a girl running the opposite direction in #2, maybe to avoid tip in my speedos guy?
    Love the girls expression in #1

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    Love these, very well done. Interesting the difference in the "runners" in #1 vs. #2. The guy with the devil tail in #2, ugh just a little too much
    There's a girl running the opposite direction in #2, maybe to avoid tip in my speedos guy?
    Hi Sharon,

You gave me a few chuckles for the day, thanks for commenting.

Real Name
    Ted

Love the first shot; f/4.5 just right for capturing the people but not the bricks.

Modern times, most are carrying cell-phones!

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    Love the first shot; f/4.5 just right for capturing the people but not the bricks.

Modern times, most are carrying cell-phones!
    Hi Ted,

Thanks for commenting.

On Sharon's point: there was an advertisement on TV some years ago that showed a guy wearing "budgie smugglers" (Speedos) emerging from the ocean and walking directly away into town. As he walked a voice-over intoned "togs... togs... togs", but as he got about 100m from the beach the voice reached a high pitch and screamed "undies!... undies!... undies!"

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Tronhard View Post
    On Sharon's point: there was an advertisement on TV some years ago that showed a guy wearing "budgie smugglers" (Speedos) emerging from the ocean and walking directly away into town. As he walked a voice-over intoned "togs... togs... togs", but as he got about 100m from the beach the voice reached a high pitch and screamed "undies!... undies!... undies!"

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Tronhard View Post
    Trev,

Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
    Zen

This event is known for runners in unusual, some say "weird" outfits. For example, although I don't see one in either of John's shots, runners in full chicken regalia or turkey suits are not entirely unknown. Example the flamingo hats of the two ladies attending to "Speedo-man." Speaking of Speedo-man, this area is also known for hardy locals enduring cold weather activities, a la a New Years Day dip in ice choked Lakes Erie and Ontario. This guy was merely showing his macho side. It appears this shot was made at the very beginning of the event, as ppl were warming up, hence the woman who appears to be running the wrong way. On the other hand, she could have been running the race backwards. Note the official photographer with back to John's camera perched on his collapsible seat. Although many runners take this event quite seriously, many also are out for pure fun, hence the dress-ups.

Thanks, John, for sharing.

Zen

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    This event is known for runners in unusual, some say "weird" outfits. For example, although I don't see one in either of John's shots, runners in full chicken regalia or turkey suits are not entirely unknown. Example the flamingo hats of the two ladies attending to "Speedo-man." Speaking of Speedo-man, this area is also known for hardy locals enduring cold weather activities, a la a New Years Day dip in ice choked Lakes Erie and Ontario. This guy was merely showing his macho side. It appears this shot was made at the very beginning of the event, as ppl were warming up, hence the woman who appears to be running the wrong way. On the other hand, she could have been running the race backwards. Note the official photographer with back to John's camera perched on his collapsible seat. Although many runners take this event quite seriously, many also are out for pure fun, hence the dress-ups.

Thanks, John, for sharing.

Zen
    Hi Zen,

Very observant, thanks for commenting.