Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate

Real Name
    Richard

Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate

There have been several postings regarding an alternate to Adobe for processing images. Although I have not used it there are several offers online for Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate (DVD) at well under $50 USD.

At $44.50 (no state tax collected unless you are ordering from New York) the price from B&H in New York City seems pretty good. This site also has some good information on the program...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...paintshop.html

I personally use the Adobe subscription service but, if I were looking for a relatively inexpensive editing program, I might consider Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate...

BTW: the NIK software works with Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 20th November 2017 at 04:54 PM.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate

I'm not interested in switching (I have the Adobe subscription also), but I am curious how capable this software is. I used it many iterations ago.

Starting in 1991, Paint Shop Pro was written and sold by a family company called Jasc (according to Wikipedia, an acronym for "just another software company"). Corel bought it (again according to Wikipedia) in 2004. It was the first editor I used. I think I had both the last pre-Corel version and one of the early Corel versions.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

An updated version Paintshop Pro 2018 has just been released and it has some significant changes. Reviews are fairly good.

Real Name
    John

Paint Shop Pro was my first photo aditor before moving on to Adobe. I have subsequently abandoned Adobe in favour of Affinity Photo which retails at around £50, not much different from PSP.

John

Real Name
    Tony

Like Dan, I've used PSP since the early 90's. I've purchased PSP X9 and am very pleased with it. As far as I am concerned, one of its most important abilities is to be able to modify individual pixels. Makes getting rid of cr*p very easy. thoroughly recommend it.