Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Do you need it? Do you want it?

  1. #21
    Administrator Manfred M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    13,650
    Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    Yes, but your quantum computing laptop, with Bose-Einstein condensate storage, will breeze through it
    Does that mean we are going to have to drag along a flask of liquid helium to keep it running? Definitely okay for studio shoots, but I'm not sure about wildlife and other nature work....

  2. #22
    pnodrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Waipu, Northand, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,584
    Real Name
    Paul

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Does that mean we are going to have to drag along a flask of liquid helium to keep it running? Definitely okay for studio shoots, but I'm not sure about wildlife and other nature work....
    Donald will have to be careful he does not mix the flasks up. A wee nip of liquid helium is not going to warm him up.
    Last edited by pnodrog; 13th November 2017 at 09:42 AM.

  3. #23
    mknittle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    auburn california
    Posts
    2,333
    Real Name
    mark

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    seems like everything revolves around a "telephone" these days. My least favorite device.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece (ex UK)
    Posts
    644
    Real Name
    Russell

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    Arsenal lets you control your camera from up to 100 feet away. Use the smart assistant AI, set the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, see a live preview, or trigger the shutter from your smartphone.
    As a Canon user QDSLDashboard or DSLRController both work on a tablet or phone both allow you change camera settings, both allow you to???? the list goes on and both are in the teens rather than the hundreds of 's or $'s. Russ

  5. #25
    JohnRostron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    South Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,272
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Arsenal lets you control your camera from up to 100 feet away. Use the smart assistant AI, set the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, see a live preview, or trigger the shutter from your smartphone.
    As a Canon user QDSLDashboard or DSLRController both work on a tablet or phone both allow you change camera settings, both allow you to???? the list goes on and both are in the teens rather than the hundreds of 's or $'s. Russ
    Fine if you are a Canon user, and probably for Nikon as well. But I do not have any such facility available for my Sony. As I said earlier, it would be cheaper for me to upgrade to a compatible Sony (A77) plus an Arsenal, than to 'upgrade' to a Canon. That way, I keep all my lenses and flash.

    John

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece (ex UK)
    Posts
    644
    Real Name
    Russell

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRostron View Post
    Fine if you are a Canon user, and probably for Nikon as well. But I do not have any such facility available for my Sony. As I said earlier, it would be cheaper for me to upgrade to a compatible Sony (A77) plus an Arsenal, than to 'upgrade' to a Canon. That way, I keep all my lenses and flash.

    John
    Do wish people would actually look at the apps before replying, I am NOT a Sony user but from the QDSLR Dashboard site QUOTE:- Sony:
    ILCE with built-in WiFi and "Smart remote control" app from PlayMemories installed (always use latest version https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002):
    a6000, a6300, a6500,
    a7, a7S, a7R, a7II, a7S II, a7R II.
    As I say not a Sony user but maybe this works?
    Russ

  7. #27
    JohnRostron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    South Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,272
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Do wish people would actually look at the apps before replying, I am NOT a Sony user but from the QDSLR Dashboard site QUOTE:- Sony:
    ILCE with built-in WiFi and "Smart remote control" app from PlayMemories installed (always use latest version https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002):
    a6000, a6300, a6500,
    a7, a7S, a7R, a7II, a7S II, a7R II.
    As I say not a Sony user but maybe this works?
    Russ
    I do recall looking at this in the past. It works for more modern Sonys, but not mine. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

    I still think that this device is worth investigating and it does specify an affordable Sony camera.

    John

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    431
    Real Name
    Yes

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    One reason why Canon appears so often for these devices is that Canon make available the specification and software to provide the control. This is why so many specialist devices such as the camera used to photograph my retina use Canon.

    Perhaps this should be a consideration when buying cameras, rather than moaning about lack of support, buy the camera that the manufacturer offers software support for.

  9. #29
    pnodrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Waipu, Northand, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,584
    Real Name
    Paul

    Re: Do you need it? Do you want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by gsmsupport View Post
    i Need
    You have gone from "want" to "need". Should I make a "must have" option? I have a box of old "must have" items that I now seldom (if ever) use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •