Thread: Print Lab in UK/EU?

Real Name
    Dan

Print Lab in UK/EU?

Hello, all. I'm looking for a print lab that I can use to upload an image and have it printed and drop shipped directly to an address in the UK. In addition I'd prefer to do so on either a gallery wrapped canvas or an aluminum print. Of course I'm assuming going this route will be more cost effective and less hassle than using my normal source in the US and flying it across the pond. Any recommendations?

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Print Lab in UK/EU?

I havent used them myself (seldom print) but these have been recommended to me in the past.

https://www.onevisionimaging.com/
    https://uk.whitewall.com/

Real Name
    Bill

Dan

This company was recommended to me and I have used them for larger (A3+) jobs, but only for conventional gloss or metallic prints. You may like to browse their web site to see if they can do what you want. They will mail to any UK address.

Perhaps you should read the thread next to this one too, and see Manfred's reply to my question about sRGB/AdobeRGB for colour printing - Loxley require sRGB uploads. I was happy with what they did but haven't tried any other commercial shops so my happiness does not constitute a (solid) endorsement .

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I'm with Bill. They are excellent.

They print all UK (European?) sales processed via SmugMug.

Real Name
    Peter

Dan I have always found Loxley Colour ( as linked to in #3 above) to be very good.
    You could also try this company again I’ve always had good results from them
    http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Dan

Thanks for the replies, folks. Onevision is one of the vendors partnered with Zenfolio. Though looking at their site it doesn't look like they do Aluminum prints. Zenfolio also has "Zenfolio Products Europe" which is basically a storefront selling print products from undisclosed sources. The option with them are very limited. It looks like Loxley offers all of the products and sizes I'm interested in. I was a bit put off by having to fill out a registration form before they would show the pricing on their products But it does look as if they have what I seek.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Real Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    It looks like Loxley offers all of the products and sizes I'm interested in. I was a bit put off by having to fill out a registration form before they would show the pricing on their products
    Dan

That's one of my pet hates too! If you don't want to do that right now, if you PM me what you are interested in I'll look up the prices and send them to you.

Real Name
    Robin

Loxley are very good, well respected and have a great range of services.

Real Name
    Dave

Another plug for Loxley - fast service, too.

Dave

Real Name
    Dan

Thanks for the additional replies, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtils View Post
    ...That's one of my pet hates too! If you don't want to do that right now, if you PM me what you are interested in I'll look up the prices and send them to you.
    Thanks, Bill, but I went ahead and "registered" an account. I suppose there's an argument to be made that they are simply preventing their competitors from scanning their site to check their pricing. Of course that doesn't explain the requirements for all of the information that they ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    Thanks for the additional replies, folks.

Thanks, Bill, but I went ahead and "registered" an account. I suppose there's an argument to be made that they are simply preventing their competitors from scanning their site to check their pricing. Of course that doesn't explain the requirements for all of the information that they ask for.
    Full disclosure: I am an employee of Loxley Colour.

I just wanted to take this opprotunity to answer this one question as it's something that's asked a lot - our professional photographer customers don't want their clients to be able to easily see the trade the prices they paid for the products.

Many of our customers produly mention that they use us as their lab of choice as they feel it reflects well on them, and they often use our product names such as 'Perfetto' and 'Alumini', so it would be easy for their clients to Google us and see what the photographer paid and work out the mark-up. Therefore, we ask users to register first.

I hope this response has been helpful

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

It's great to know that someone Loxley Colour (or someone from there) is scanning our little part of cyberspace.

If you're there on 21st November (the Fujifim GFX event), I'll see you there.

I have to say that the reception area of Loxley is an Aladins cave: All the products are on show.