Thread: How to install new camera raw into Lightroom

Real Name
    Ole

How to install new camera raw into Lightroom

I have dutifully downloaded new 8.5 raw and it is sitting in my download file. What now? I'd rather read than 'fool about with computers.' Any advice would be appreciated as I cannot download my Lumix Lx100.

I am having chickens
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: How to install new camera raw into Lightroom

Camera Raw NOT installed into Lightroom. It is part of Photoshop only. Lightroom has its own built-in raw converter; which uses the same underlying engine as Camera Raw.

If you have an older version of Lightroom, i.e. a version that was discontinued / replaced with a newer version after your camera model was released, upgrading to a newer version of Lightroom is the only solution. This is true for any raw convertor; Camera Raw, Capture One, DxO Optics Pro (now DxO PhotoLab). Older versions do not receive updates for newer cameras.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 31st October 2017 at 12:41 PM.

Real Name
    Ole

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Camera Raw NOT installed into Lightroom. It is part of Photoshop only. Lightroom has its own built-in raw conversion image.

If you have an older version of Lightroom, i.e. a version that was discontinued / replaced with a newer version after your camera model was released, upgrading to a newer version of Lightroom is the only solution. This is true for any raw convertor; Camera Raw, Capture One, DxO Optics Pro (now DxO PhotoLab). Older versions do not receive updates for newer cameras.
    You have solved the problem. Thank you.

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    I have dutifully downloaded new 8.5 raw and it is sitting in my download file. What now? I'd rather read than 'fool about with computers.' Any advice would be appreciated as I cannot download my Lumix Lx100.

I am having chickens
    Cheers Ole
    DxO 11 is free for now - maybe that will work with your camera. If not, the Adobe DNG converter is also free, and should be able to convert the raw files to DNGs which Lightroom can work with.