Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Delay updating LR?

Real Name
    Dan

Delay updating LR?

Today I updated LR and tried CC Classic for the first time. I think it might be wise to wait, if you haven't updated yet. At least on my computer, it's buggy. In both the library and develop modules, the link between the filmstrip and the loupe view has failed once in the space of perhaps an hour of use, so that clicking on an image in the filmstrip doesn't bring it up in the loupe. The only solution I have found is to exit Lightroom and restart.

I have had problems with two plug-ins. The old version of Jeffrey Friedl's smugmug export plug-in doesn't work, but he has already posted the replacement, and that works fine. I used LR Enfuse to do exposure blending on a couple of images, and while the alignment and enfusing works, the last part of the code that brings the composite image into the LR catalog doesn't. I get an error message, after which I have to sync the directory to bring in the composite image. Going back would be a pain, if it is even possible; I chose the option to remove the old version, and since the new version uses a new catalog, I would lose today's work if I reverted to the old.

My guess is that in two or three weeks, it will be fine. Often, I wait just in case, but for some reason, I didn't this time.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Delay updating LR?

You might want to check things out again Dan.

There was an update to Lightroom Classic overnight from Adobe.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Delay updating LR?

Manfred,

thanks. I'm downloading it now. Probably won't have time to use it today, but I'll check it out as soon as I can.

Dan