Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Crystal Skulls

Crystal Skulls

Its that Halloweenie time again. Rugrats banging on the door every five minutes and demanding mini Mars bars...and setting fire to your plastic gnomes if demands are not met. The kids all at parties (making themselves sick one way or another). And...Bruce Forsythe hosting Strictly Come Dancing on the Telly. Now that is scary.

Crystal Skulls

Crystal Skulls

And one from last year because I really can't be bothered with it all....unless WireVixen can find that Zena Princess Warrior outfit...I wonder

Crystal Skulls

Re: Crystal Skulls

Yipes! cool!

Real Name
    Peter

Do you do anything with your shots Steve i.e. frame and sell them, sell them on disc as screen savers, etc they are always well constructed and I think would do well.

Real Name
    Robert S.

Hi Steve,

I do like these crystal skull pictures. They both have an interessing look, caused by the highlights and shadows in the picture. I think the contrast is just right as the soft blurred textured background. On the first one there is a little to much space over the skull to me. I would crop in just a little lore. My favored one is the second. It looks much like a painting. Great Job, Steve.

Happy Halloween!
    Robert

Thanks all. It was a bit of a mess about really. My son has started to bring me things to 'photograph' I try to oblige

Do you do anything with your shots Steve i.e. frame and sell them, sell them on disc as screen savers, etc they are always well constructed and I think would do well.
    Peter, I have never really thought about it seriously. I have way too much to do at work at present. Thats the crux of it really, photography takes me away from having to think too hard. I can have free range and do as I please. I find it very relaxing now I understand the camera a little better. WireVixen wants some prints doing to hang around the house, thats the next project. I think the commercial aspects would take something away for me and I would start to get hassled with it...even if I were anywhere near good enough to be saleable.

On the first one there is a little to much space over the skull to me
    Robert, thanks for the comments. I agree now I look at it again. I am sort of experimenting with dead space in composition but here it does not do much for the image.