Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sly Boots

  1. #1
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,800
    Real Name
    John

    Sly Boots

    Reworking an older capture from a lowlight/high ISO session. f/4.5, 1/160sec, ISO 6400.

    Sly Boots

    Sly Boots is the name of the troupe. I found the mixed lighting and position of the troupe members a challenge when editing, this is probably one of those captures destined for black and white. The troupe was at the end of their performance and I should've stood up to eliminate the audiences members and at least get a few more boots in the shot; I just don't like blocking other audience members from the stage as sometimes it is their friends and family on stage.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    amsterdam, netherlands
    Posts
    2,240
    Real Name
    George

    Re: Sly Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Reworking an older capture from a lowlight/high ISO session. f/4.5, 1/160sec, ISO 6400.

    Sly Boots

    Sly Boots is the name of the troupe. I found the mixed lighting and position of the troupe members a challenge when editing, this is probably one of those captures destined for black and white. The troupe was at the end of their performance and I should've stood up to eliminate the audiences members and at least get a few more boots in the shot; I just don't like blocking other audience members from the stage as sometimes it is their friends and family on stage.
    No, the audience is part of it. The troupe is addressing the audience. Both are part of it. Might be something else if the attention on the stage wasn't directed to the audience.
    Good shot and amazing result at 6400 iso.

    George

  3. #3
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,800
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Sly Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post
    No, the audience is part of it. The troupe is addressing the audience. Both are part of it. Might be something else if the attention on the stage wasn't directed to the audience.
    Good shot and amazing result at 6400 iso.

    George
    Hi George,

    Thanks for commenting.

  4. #4
    Stagecoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suva, Fiji
    Posts
    6,152
    Real Name
    Grahame

    Re: Sly Boots

    That's a really good result John.

    Maybe consider cloning out the elbow on the left?

  5. #5
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,800
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Sly Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    That's a really good result John.

    Maybe consider cloning out the elbow on the left?
    Hi Grahame,

    Thanks for comments and critique.

  6. #6
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,800
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Sly Boots

    Edited image.

    Sly Boots

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    SE Queensland
    Posts
    637
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Sly Boots

    Lovely vibrant image. Definitely better without the elbow.

  8. #8
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,800
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Sly Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by DickyOZ View Post
    Lovely vibrant image. Definitely better without the elbow.
    Hi Richard,

    Thanks for commenting.

  9. #9
    pnodrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Waipu, Northand, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,582
    Real Name
    Paul

    Re: Sly Boots

    Definitely keep in colour. Mixed lighting looks fine when viewing theater. Nice effort. Better without the elbow. Not sure about the exit sign.

  10. #10
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,800
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Sly Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    Definitely keep in colour. Mixed lighting looks fine when viewing theater. Nice effort. Better without the elbow. Not sure about the exit sign.
    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for commenting.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •