Thread: nik collection

Real Name
    roy

nik collection

Hi I have CS2 and the Canon software installed and I have just installed the NIK Collection as a stand alone. My problem is that I don't see a way of putting files into Dfine2, Sharpener Pro 3 or Viveza 2. I can get them into all the other Nik programmes. Anyone got any ideas apart from dumping Nik.
    I am also using Windows 10
    Roy

Real Name
    George

Re: nik collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rent View Post
    Hi I have CS2 and the Canon software installed and I have just installed the NIK Collection as a stand alone. My problem is that I don't see a way of putting files into Dfine2, Sharpener Pro 3 or Viveza 2. I can get them into all the other Nik programmes. Anyone got any ideas apart from dumping Nik.
    I am also using Windows 10
    Roy
    They're build as a plug-in original. Now some of them have a window around it, some not. Drag the picture to the exe file, it than opens with that picture.

George

Real Name
    roy

Thanks George Iv'e not tried it yet but where do the files end up when I save them?
    Roy

Real Name
    Roger

Be careful, IIRC using Nik programmes as a standalone will render the file irrevocably changed ... better to incorporate them into Photoshop as Plugins and use from within Photoshop.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Yes I wonder why you wouldn't try installing them as plug-ins for CS2?

Dave

Real Name
    Richard

I have always used NIK as Plug-Ins but, I started my NIK with CS6. Perhaps you might check if CS2 and NIK are compatible.

You might, if CS2and NIK are not compatible, have Bridge save a copy of each image in a PSD format when opening from your CF Card and then do any editing work on the copies...

Real Name
    Bill

Don't know about the technical whys and wherefores, but I have the suite as a standalone and can round-trip rom CaptureOne with all of them (although in reality I only use a few so there may be hidden terrors yet to be encountered). Running on a MacBook Pro and an iMac.

Real Name
    roy

Hi All NIK is not compatible with CS2 which is why I have it as a standalone. My main PP up to now is cropping, levels and cloning out the odd telegraph pole and crisp packet etc in PS2 so NIK is just something to play with
    Roy
    ps Nobody has said yet where the files end up when I save them
    Last edited by Rent; 6th October 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Hi All NIK is not compatible with CS2 which is why I have it as a standalone. My main PP up to now is cropping and levels in PS2 so NIK is just something to play with
    Roy
    ps Nobody has said yet where the files end up when I save them
    Hi Roy

I can't speak from personal experience with CS2 but according to this thread, Nik can be made to work with CS2. Might be worth a try at least.

Dave

Real Name
    Bill

Nobody has said yet where the files end up when I save them
    As mentioned above, the NIK suite works (for me, YMMV) as a round-trip. When I click "Save" in the NIK application, the edited image is sent back to the folder in CaptureOne from which it originated.