Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: sisters

sisters

C&C always welcome,

dsc_1484.jpg

thanks for looking
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 27th October 2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add image inline

Re: sisters

Okay! I'm waiting for someone who knows WHAT they're talking about to reply but I just want to mention that your daughters (?) are precious - this is a precious as diamonds photo.

I'm curious about the color of the water......

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Not sure I'll live up to Katy's criteria, but I'll give it a go

Hi Ray, welcome back from me too.

As Katy says, a lovely family shot for the album.
    I like the composition, although I might have tried to get the girls a little larger in frame by stepping a pace closer to them, that's a minor consideration and may have had an adverse effect on DoF. I'm not too fussed about the colours.

The problem I see is an unnatural looking darkening, mostly around the edges - I'm not sure if it is a vignette you have applied, or if it is some content based processing (LCE perhaps) that has had a peculiar effect.

I think it would have more impact if bigger, but it would have to be hosted elsewhere, your own place, or TinyPic, to be big enough; e.g. approx. 1200px wide.

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Raycer View Post
    C&C always welcome,

dsc_1484.jpg

thanks for looking
    I'm wondering if this image was cropped? The stones in the foreground look very sharp and the rest of the image appears out of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Okay! I'm waiting for someone who knows WHAT they're talking about to reply but I just want to mention that your daughters (?) are precious - this is a precious as diamonds photo.

I'm curious about the color of the water......
    they are my daughters, thanks.
    I'm guessing the colour of the water is due to the surrounding greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Not sure I'll live up to Katy's criteria, but I'll give it a go

Hi Ray, welcome back from me too.
    The problem I see is an unnatural looking darkening, mostly around the edges - I'm not sure if it is a vignette you have applied, or if it is some content based processing (LCE perhaps) that has had a peculiar effect.

I think it would have more impact if bigger, but it would have to be hosted elsewhere, your own place, or TinyPic, to be big enough; e.g. approx. 1200px wide.
    Thanks Dave, glad to be back.
    The darkening is PP. I sometimes darken the edges to frame the pic and to bring more attention to the centre of the picture. It seemed okay when the picture was larger, but when I down sized the picture there's seems less feathering... or I can make no excuse and just admit its sloppy PP job

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I'm wondering if this image was cropped? The stones in the foreground look very sharp and the rest of the image appears out of focus.
    Hi Shadowman,
    Can you elabrate on that? How does the sharpness of the stones and the background effected by cropping? It was cropped but I would guesstimate only about 95%. Reason, the bring the girls closer to the 'golden mean' point.