Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Good Quality Image Editing Monitor Needed For Around 500 GBP is it possible?

Real Name
    Gary Marsh

Good Quality Image Editing Monitor Needed For Around 500 GBP is it possible?

I am looking to buy a good quality IPS monitor ideally with a 24 inch screen for editing my photo's but I would really like to see most of the colours within the Adobe RGB colour gamut to help me get the most out of my printing. Would it be feasible to purchase a monitor of this quality for a budget of around £500 or is this wishful thinking. Could anyone out there offer me some advice on the best monitor to buy within this price range.

Regards
    Gary

Real Name
    Ted

re: Good Quality Image Editing Monitor Needed For Around 500 GBP is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryMarsh View Post
    I am looking to buy a good quality IPS monitor ideally with a 24 inch screen for editing my photo's but I would really like to see most of the colours within the Adobe RGB colour gamut to help me get the most out of my printing. Would it be feasible to purchase a monitor of this quality for a budget of around £500 or is this wishful thinking. Could anyone out there offer me some advice on the best monitor to buy within this price range.

Regards
    Gary
    Pity you couldn't stretch a buck or two more.

I have a NEC P242W and love it, so I looked up the wider gamut equivalent:

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/pa242w-bk

Seems like it would do the job for you . . .

. . maybe it's on offer somewhere over there?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

re: Good Quality Image Editing Monitor Needed For Around 500 GBP is it possible?

I used TFTcentral when I was choosing (a few years back) Gary.

They have a "selector" where you can input a spec. but I tried and got zero results for £300-500 range and (mostly) guessed answers for your desires, so it's not brilliant, but if you go BACK, you can alter a few criteria and try again (rather than have to start from scratch).

I went with a Viewsonic; and I'm still very pleased with it, but it fails your AdobeRGB criteria.

Good luck with the hunt,
    Dave

PS I had to change the "£" symbol to "GBP" in thread title so it listed on Latest Threads page, I figured it was better to have a wider audience than "Unknown Title" would attract
    It's a 'technicality' of the forum we have to work around.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 20th August 2017 at 06:53 PM.

Real Name
    Robert (ah prefer Boab) Smith

Re: Good Quality Image Editing Monitor Needed For Around 500 GBP is it possible?

Hi Gary,

Dell have been making excellent monitors for a lot of years now. Take a look here

They have a £100 cashback offer if ye spend £600 or more. There's a number of very good monitors on that page between £500-600 and a couple of bargains. Ah saw Ted's monitor at £600 on Amazon UK. BenQ also make well-priced quality monitors.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Good Quality Image Editing Monitor Needed For Around 500 GBP is it possible?

The Asus PA249Q gets very good reviews. 10 bit 100% sRGB, 99% aRGB. I don't think any monitor exactly matches the very light yellows some printer paper combinations can produce but should exceed the printers gamut in all other regions.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    The Asus PA249Q gets very good reviews. ..............................................
    I use one and it has been excellent. I have given up calibrating it. It just has never needed it. Check out scan computers in Bolton (near the football ground and the shopping area). They have quite a few high end monitors in the price range you quote.

Real Name
    James Edwards

Gary, not sure I can advise on a 24 inch monitor since I now use a 27inch BENQ SW2700. The monitor is certificated to render 99% of the RGB 1998 gamut. It is somewhat more expensive than your price range, (£600+). I do have 2 x 24 inch monitors, a Viewsonic VP2468 which renders about 70% of the gamut (100% sRGB) and an AOC 2470W1E which is very geriatric these days and renders about 60%RGB and 90% sRGB.