Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your food and beverage photos here

Real Name
    Jason

Post your food and beverage photos here

Hey all,

I'm a student at "the world's premier culinary school" so they say, and I would love to see everyone's food or drink photos. One day I would love to make my way out of the kitchen and into the studio as a food stylist/ photographer. Anyway...

Post those tasty photos here

"The world's premier culinary school"

Last edited by Rhoads238; 23rd October 2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: photo added

Re: Post your food and beverage photos here

Dr Pepper

Real Name
    Jason

Absinthe

Shrimp Fritter, mixed greens and raspberry vinaigrette

Braised pork, cauliflower couscous and poached nectarine

Chef Alain Decoster

Feel free to comment and post your own

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Dr Pepper

I see you fancy a global as do i

Real Name
    Kay

this was shot for the theme ...'the weather outside'.....which we sometimes describe as being like Pea Soup.

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post

this was shot for the theme ...'the weather outside'.....which we sometimes describe as being like Pea Soup.
    awesome shot. Although a mess like that would never fly in my kitchen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads238 View Post
    I see you fancy a global as do i
    Great knives aren't they? The college seems a very impressive set-up http://www.ciachef.edu/ What are you hoping to do when you have finished there?

Real Name
    Ali

Nice shots, Jason!

And a great idea to start this thread...

And I completely agree with Rob, such a nice place to study. It has got everything, inside and outside!

Real Name
    Jason

Great knives aren't they? The college seems a very impressive set-up http://www.ciachef.edu/ What are you hoping to do when you have finished there?
    Yeah I love mine. It's so easy to sharpen, its the same angle as a German knife but its Japaneese, so the edge stays sharp a little longer. Um... Nothing is set in stone yet but by girlfriend worked for a really famous chef in NYC, Daniel Boulud, anyway she sent my resume to one of the chefs that workes under him. http://www.danielnyc.com/ He has just opened restaurants in London, Bejing and Vancouver. Geting a job would involve a stage which is where you go and work for free for the night, basically to see if you've got the skills to work there. A job in one of his restaurants would be amazing for the resume boost but the pay is absolute garbage for having to live in the NYC area. My other option is looking like Whole Foods, which is an orgainc supermarket that makes alot of prepared foods and does catering and things like that. There are alot of locations and since its corperate theres alot of room for upward employment. Next month I graduate the bachelors program (its a hospitality management degree) at CIA so I dont have much time left. Anyway I'm also considering working short term and signing up for the school of visual arts in NYC. Idealy I could use that to work my way into a food photography / styling posistion somewhere. However I have no idea how much demand there is for such a specialized job anyway.

anyway.. that was my long rant.

-Jason

Whats wrong with the bread knife, up here we use it for everything, not bad for cutting MDF board either. The Lancashire militia even carried bread knives as a side arm and it was later converted to a bayonet to fit the Baker rifle. The bread knife is to the Lancashire folk what the buke-zukuri is to the Japanese. Legend has it that the Scouse warrior will not re-sheath his bread knife without drawing blood. If there are no convenient wooly backs around he will draw the blade across his own shell suit before sheathing the knife.

Some older ones from me but Robs image has wetted my apetite for this again

Last edited by Wirefox; 24th October 2010 at 11:34 AM.

What a great idea for a thread!!! Also, good luck with all of your endeavors!!!

I took this when I had just got my camera and I didn't know WHAT I was doing. There's still an image, here, though. (I think...)

These other ones I had had my camera for about a month

Then, I was going to go to town with these but noticed the crack and only got 4 panicked shots!

It just continues to amaze me that kitchen photography is so interesting. I'm not knocking it as I do quite a lot of it myself - I'm just surprised that so many other people find it so interesting. Must be because we all like food and drink - yeah, that's it

One from yesterday (it was raining)

Simply red

It just continues to amaze me that kitchen photography is so interesting. I'm not knocking it as I do quite a lot of it myself - I'm just surprised that so many other people find it so interesting. Must be because we all like food and drink - yeah, that's it
    Maybe it's the ultimate universal theme. Then, again, if someone took a pic of vegemite......

Simply red
    Gorgeous. Love the painterly tones. You are too good at this....still it drives me on

if someone took a pic of vegemite......
    Wash your mouth out please.....It's Marmite. Vegemite is a mear inposter. It is a rare delicacy lightly smeared on slabs of buttered, toasted tin loaf and washed down with strong hot Yorkshire tea. Actually for best gastronomic effect the tea should be sipped after the first chew so that it diffuses into the toast before swallowing. A rare Gentlemans Relish Dunking is permitted of course but one should refrain dunking half slices into ones enamel mug too forcefully when in company.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Maybe it's the ultimate universal theme. Then, again, if someone took a pic of vegemite......
    Oi that's a national treasure around here!....I would post a shot, but would risk the ire of homeland security due to photographing such an icon

Real Name
    Jason

If it was up to me I would eat and drink all day. Unfourtinately I dont think my lady friend wouldnt appriciate it.

The picture of the tomatoes is awesome. How are you doing those reflections? and i really want to know about how you got the motion in the doctor pepper photo.

Anway heres two more

Chocolate and Wild Mushroom Ravoli

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Oi that's a national treasure around here!....I would post a shot, but would risk the ire of homeland security due to photographing such an icon
    Is it true that there is a fee for photographing certian things down there? maybe it was just a rumor.

Chocolate and Wild Mushroom Ravoli
    Oh God..please don't. I am drooling on my keyboard. If you post a picture of buffalo mozzarella with honey and walnuts I will cry

Is it true that there is a fee for photographing certian things down there? maybe it was just a rumor.
    Having watched that Australian Customs program on the Really Sad Channel I am surprised you can get into Aus with your own nuts intact.

how you got the motion in the doctor pepper photo
    He dropped the electric food whisk in the washing up bowl
    Last edited by Wirefox; 24th October 2010 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast