Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The re-do

Real Name
    Jason

The re-do

ok so i retouched some old pictures and i liked the results. I would love to get some cc.

The re-do

The re-do

These two i decided to posterize. Not sure how you guys will like them though

The re-do

and

The re-do

CC are great

Re: The re-do

Jason

To be honest I find it difficult to provide critique on these images. I think I know what you are trying to achieve but I am not certain they are quite getting there. For me number 1 has the most potential. Its aspect is taking me on a journey. The other two I am a bystander observing from the left. For me No1 needs the wire and the windows cloning out to give a uniform blackness a journey into the void. I like the idea of having to dodge around the light fitting to get to the void. 2 and 3 also give me a contradiction because I am told it is an exit but I feel it is an entrance. This contradiction could work if the images were taken from the same view point as No1

I am not a fan of posterising and the posterising in No3 appears to have been created by heavy manipulation of the tonal curve which gives these patchy results. No 4 is too busy with its planes and angles and the posterisaton adds to the confusion.

Yes, pending the cloning of the distracting elements, I do like number one

Steve

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Jason

To be honest I find it difficult to provide critique on these images. I think I know what you are trying to achieve but I am not certain they are quite getting there. For me number 1 has the most potential. Its aspect is taking me on a journey. The other two I am a bystander observing from the left. For me No1 needs the wire and the windows cloning out to give a uniform blackness a journey into the void. I like the idea of having to dodge around the light fitting to get to the void. 2 and 3 also give me a contradiction because I am told it is an exit but I feel it is an entrance. This contradiction could work if the images were taken from the same view point as No1

I am not a fan of posterising and the posterising in No3 appears to have been created by heavy manipulation of the tonal curve which gives these patchy results. No 4 is too busy with its planes and angles and the posterisaton adds to the confusion.

Yes, pending the cloning of the distracting elements, I do like number one

Steve
    So I took your advice about the first one and did some cloning

The re-do

sometimes a small change makes a big difference and I think this is one of those times. I will probably do the same to the second picture. I had considered doing that but a second opinion definitely helped.

as for the posterized ones I definately see what your saying. although i kinda like the album coverish look to the third picture. although i definitely agree with what your saying about the person on the left composition.

Jason

I agree this looks much cleaner and far more mysterious. I still think you should lose the wire but its a minor detail. Very nice image. It is now a walk in image and as I have said before that is very difficult to achieve.

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Jason

I agree this looks much cleaner and far more mysterious. I still think you should lose the wire but its a minor detail. Very nice image. It is now a walk in image and as I have said before that is very difficult to achieve.
    Ok so I had to see how it would look without the wire and i have to say i definately agree with taking it out. I feel like it added more mystery since after you look at it for a few you realize that the light fixture is floating about two inches off the ground. Then it makes you ask questions.

The re-do

again great advice