Real Name
    Thierry

Liberty Place in Dijon (France)

thanks in advance for your comments

Thierry

Liberty Place in Dijon (France)

Re: Liberty Place in Dijon (France)

Thierry

An excellent panorama, and it looks very good in BW. A really good perspective. I'm getting a lean to the left on the rooftops which is a bit unsettling. Panoramas are always tricky for getting the level right, and I also use 'lens correction' in CS5 to get the distortions sorted. Well done.

You might want to put your firts name in your profile so it comes out on your posts. Or put it in your signature as I do?

Real Name
    David

Thierry - very smart image, harmony, symmetry (just broken to good effect), detail, lighting, exposure, and the ubiquitous French waiter at the cafe. Brilliant.

David

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Brilliant.
    I agree.

This stitching of pictures is not really my 'thing' and doesn't usually excite me. But this has got to be one of the finest examples of the genre. But maybe that's just because I'm a Francophile and want to wallow in the glories of Burgundy and enjoy Dijon.

ps - Have just looked at this location on Google Earth and see where you were standing. What is particularly interesting is that this exercise shows up the difference between the photographer and the snap-shooter. I see that you have turned 180 degrees from the 'normal' shot that seems to be the subject of hundreds of tourist pictures and have photographed the part of the square that 99% of visitors probably ignore.
    Last edited by Donald; 20th October 2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Added ps