Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Print Preview in Photoshop CC 2017

Real Name
    Bernard Smith

Print Preview in Photoshop CC 2017

Having just converted to Mac from Windows I have a question regarding the whereabouts of the print preview option that I was used to in the Epson driver screen. So now I am using 27" 5K retina using Sierra OS with Epson stylus pro 7880..
    After having made all the necessary adjustments in Lightroom and then edited it in PS there used to be a final screen that came up just before you finally pressed the PRINT button. I can see where to print in PS but on a Mac it goes straight to print and no last chance to view it... At present I can not see this ... If any one can help at all it would be much appreciated... Also if you have any recommended articles or books regarding CC 2017 Photoshop please shout them out..

Thanks

Bernard

Re: Print Preview in Photoshop CC 2017

Quote Originally Posted by nospe7880 View Post
    Having just converted to Mac from Windows I have a question regarding the whereabouts of the print preview option that I was used to in the Epson driver screen. So now I am using 27" 5K retina using Sierra OS with Epson stylus pro 7880..
    After having made all the necessary adjustments in Lightroom and then edited it in PS there used to be a final screen that came up just before you finally pressed the PRINT button. I can see where to print in PS but on a Mac it goes straight to print and no last chance to view it... At present I can not see this ... If any one can help at all it would be much appreciated... Also if you have any recommended articles or books regarding CC 2017 Photoshop please shout them out..

Thanks

Bernard
    In MAC, print preview option is not there, preview option only we have to use.
    In order to print preview, we have to go through with apps like Photoshop, pdf viewer, MS word... Etc.
    In order to change or formalize the printer, we have to go system preferences - -> Printers & Scanners

Real Name
    Bernard Smith

Many thanks Mary... cheers .. makes sense now ...

Real Name
    John Isner

Quote Originally Posted by nospe7880 View Post
    ...there used to be a final screen that came up just before you finally pressed the PRINT button.
    May I ask what you see as the purpose of the preview? Is it just to make sure you got the orientation correct, or are you looking for something more? For example, do you want a preview of how your image will look when printed?

Do you prefer printing from Photoshop over printing from Lightroom? If you print a lot, get Jeff Schewe's book "The Digital Print." He covers printing from both PS and LR, but he works hard to convince you to print from LR.

Real Name
    Dave

For me, it's just to make sure I haven't done anything stupid , all too possible these days.

My system's preview looks little like the printed image.

Dave