Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Cheshire Hedge Fund

A Cheshire Hedge Fund

I was amazed by these hedges at Biddulph Grange. I was on a romantic weekend at a country house hotel so I had to snap things pretty quickly. I did get the concession to take a camera so I was not going to hedge my bets.

A Cheshire Hedge Fund

A Cheshire Hedge Fund

A Cheshire Hedge Fund

Real Name
    Susan

Re: A Cheshire Hedge Fund

Wow a gardeners heaven, formal green hedging framing the colourful Dahlias, wonderful shots.

Real Name
    Wendy

Whew, talk about a hight maint. garden. Also talk about great compostion. Seriously, you said you took these quickly. Does it just come naturally to you to get things arranged so well. There are so many lines and shapes, I would find it very difficult to compose this type of shot to get any kind of balance.

Wendy

Thanks Susan and Wendy

The composition was made easy those crafty 19th century gardeners provided strategic viewing points designed to give the best out look on the gardens features. The rest is down to a loose application of the rule of thirds. The second shot is taken from the raised stone area at top right of the first shot and the first shot is taken from the tower in the top right of the second shot.

Steve