Pic 2
    17 Mile Drive
    Pic 3
    17 Mile Drive
    Pic 4
    17 Mile Drive
    Pic 5 (Tinted)
    17 Mile Drive

All pics are Curve adjusted and cropped with GIMP.(No other manipulations except the tinted one)
    Please comment.
    Last edited by ajith.rajeswari; 1st December 2008 at 07:47 AM.

Re: 17 Mile Drive

lovely landscapes mrajith as there are no human elemant in this pics except in one the colors play a very important role in attracting the viewer to view such pics off course the composition draws the viewers eye as these pics do not show any specific point of interest,the blue color of the sky is having a ball here the blues and whites are competing with each other fr viewers attention so the land without blues or whites, its surely sulking away fr some attention coming to the human element....with the girl in tight jeans the poor blues and whites and greens are surely playing second fiddle, as there is no way i am going take my eyes of that pretty girl the tinted pic surely is a clever move by mrajith,to attract female viewers and not so male viewers to enjoy that pic...as pink is a loved by girls and woman alike over all great sharp,colorful pics indeed

Real Name
    David

Ajith - super shots. I remember the site well when I did a tour of the region many years ago, pre-digital. My efforts were pathetic. My only slight criticism is for the thid shot where I might have tried to bring out a bit more green in the tree foliage to the right hand side. I think that would make the silhouette of the tree in the sea even more dramatic.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Chris

Ajith, you are photographing some fabulous landscapes and in UK early winter I am indeed jealous....but your questions seem to hinge on quite exotic refinements and I can't help wondering if you should spend a little more time on the basics. On this edition of your Pic4 (a bit small to work on, but hope enough to make point) the horizon is (a) levelled (b) barrel distortion on it removed, not sure how it got half way up, usually only at edges (c) a bit of gradient darkening of the sky at the left where it is fading. On the bigger version I would expect you would be able to sharpen up the sea foam, possibly using high pass filter if unsharp not right

Likewise on the previous HDR post, it looked as if careful levelling and cropping would possibly make HDR less necessary. On both it seems a real shame to tint out such gorgeous natural colours
    Last edited by crisscross; 21st March 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Some very attractive images, but all look a little over exposed, the whites are blown, and the horizons are all at an angle, the rocks have lost a lot of their detail, it is obvious that the sun was very bright and high, maybe nit quite the best time to catch that perfect shot.

Like the last but not in pink.

Lincs1

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs1 View Post
    Some very attractive images, but all look a little over exposed, the whites are blown, and the horizons are all at an angle, the rocks have lost a lot of their detail, it is obvious that the sun was very bright and high, maybe nit quite the best time to catch that perfect shot.

Like the last but not in pink.

Lincs1
    Lincs1, You are right. It was taken at noon when the sun was right on top of my head :-) , the trip was a casual one ..so i didnt mind about the light ..tried the best at that time with CP filter. ...

Hi Taken ,

Most of the pics were in blue (for guys) ...so why not some for gals too :-) ..
    Dedicating the pink for the female viewers :-)..

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Ajith - super shots. I remember the site well when I did a tour of the region many years ago, pre-digital. My efforts were pathetic. My only slight criticism is for the thid shot where I might have tried to bring out a bit more green in the tree foliage to the right hand side. I think that would make the silhouette of the tree in the sea even more dramatic.

Cheers

David
    Thanks for the comments..I fully agree with you , the tree foliage must have been green..but the problem was I did the click at the worst time(around noon) and the angle of light was worse for this shot ..

Hi crisscross,
    I was using a UV filter + CP filter and the shot was taken at 18 mm .. that can be the reason for the distortion in the edges. I didnt do a good cropping on this one , have to improve on that.