Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What it should be like

Real Name
    Kay

What it should be like

As I sit here looking out on the sunny day with snow capped mountains in the distance here in Canterbury - I want to spare a thought for our old friends still living in Southland of New Zealand.
    There might have been the earthquake up here, but down in the deep south of NZ - there have been severe Spring snow storms - this shot is what we should be seeing all over the South Island - Green grass & happy Spring lambs but sadly for those in the deep south many thousands of the new lambs born in peak lambing time this week are not surviving.

What it should be like

Real Name
    David

Re: What it should be like

Kay - Clearly, this has got to become the "post-your-sheep-photos-here" thread. So here's mine:

What it should be like

The site is Hestan Island in Auchencairn Bay which is off the Solway Firth in the UK. Apart from the farmers who tend the sheep, the island is normally deserted. Occasionally at very low tide you walk out to it via a causeway. It rains a lot in the region, the grass is lush and hence the sheep thrive.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    As I sit here looking out on the sunny day with snow capped mountains in the distance here in Canterbury - I want to spare a thought for our old friends still living in Southland of New Zealand.
    There might have been the earthquake up here, but down in the deep south of NZ - there have been severe Spring snow storms - this shot is what we should be seeing all over the South Island - Green grass & happy Spring lambs but sadly for those in the deep south many thousands of the new lambs born in peak lambing time this week are not surviving.

What it should be like
    HI Kay,

I hear they got that monster storm over there. Farming - the oldest form of gambling in the world.

Don't let him get our bucket!

What it should be like

OK you asked for more sheep, David. Here are some UK sheep fattening up before the winter.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

At the risk of boring you ... Italian sheep.

What it should be like