Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help please with choice of macro lens

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Help please with choice of macro lens

Those mini wine bottles hold one-fourth the amount of wine of a normal wine bottle. Presumably the mini bottles are about one-fourth the size of a normal wine bottle. Still fairly large at least in the context that Grahame is joking about. Worse yet, I would have to buy 24 bottles at a time. It's clear that I need to get invited to a wedding where those mini bottles are given as presents to the guests.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 3rd January 2017 at 01:05 PM.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Those mini wine bottles hold one-fourth the amount of wine of a normal wine bottle. Presumably the mini bottles are about one-fourth the size of a normal wine bottle. Still fairly large at least in the context that Grahame is joking about. Worse yet, I would have to buy 24 bottles at a time. It's clear that I need to get invited to a wedding where those mini bottles are given as presents to the guests.
    A somewhat more serious suggestion. Are there any traditional glass blowers in your area. Some of their 'didn't quite make it' creations might be intriguing subjects?

That's a good idea, Brian. I assume there are some glass blowers in the area but I haven't made a point of looking for them. I would be happy to establish a relationship with them whether to photograph their outcasts or their products available for sale.

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    That's a good idea, Brian. I assume there are some glass blowers in the area but I haven't made a point of looking for them. I would be happy to establish a relationship with them whether to photograph their outcasts or their products available for sale.
    You might also find the process interesting to photograph. Some years ago, I went to the Simon Pearce workshop in Vermont. I had only a short time and the wrong equipment, but if it were in the neighborhood, I would go back and try again:

Help please with choice of macro lens

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Glass blower are nice folks for creating great subject matter.
    Ya remember when I said that I cheat, a lot...those water droplets are all blown glass...

I've seen several glass blowing demonstrations of objects being made for sale and the process is most definitely very interesting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234