Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The equipment is bigger than them!

Real Name
    Paul

The equipment is bigger than them!

I managed to get up early on Sunday morning to see my little cousins football (American football) and took a few pictures. I already had my camera with me to take pictures at a car show that was close by. The cheap $120 tamron 75-300 lens performed admirably despite the very slow auto focus.

Real Name
    David

Re: The equipment is bigger than them!

Paul - These look nice and vivid shots, capturing the action. They also seem very sharp so the lens was up to scratch even if slow. However, I wonder if some cropping might be in order as some of the backgrounds are distracting and unnecessary. In #3 the centre and RHS are where the action is, the rest could go. Also a dab of the clone brush could get rid of the lady with the hair brush. Similarly with #4 - it's the central group that's important - blow 'em up. #1 seems more difficult to enhance, but #2 would probably be better without the unfocused object in the lower left corner. It's a large area to clone out, but it could be done with a large soft brush set at, say, 75% opacity and with repeated application. Of the set, #2 takes most of my fancy, probably because it reminds me of a three-quarters line on the attack in Rugby Union. Anyway, these are just some comments.

Cheers

David