Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Innocence

Innocence

Innocence

Innocence

Innocence

Re: Innocence

Late with the allowances again, tut, tut!

Not sure about #1, as it's hard to see the gun, but #2 and #3 are excellent. I like the third eye (the gun) in #2. Not sure about the 'detached' arms though due to his shirt blending into the backdrop. #3 is very good - great eye contact. I'm reminded of Michael Caine in Get Carter

Michael Caine in Get Carter
    A true classic. No 3 is my pick too. This was the shot that 'triggered' the title 'Innocence' offering the empty chamber after the event. The poor kids arms were aching so this was a more natural shot.

Real Name
    John

The title and the image reminds me of the emotion that director Edward James Olmos displayed on the commentary for the movie "American Me". Olmos had to direct a young boy to fire a gun and you could see the concern on Olmos' face as he completed the scene.

Real Name
    Rick

Great series, Steve!

I think #1 is the most compelling. I see what Rob's saying, but you don't have to see the details of the gun to know what it is, and without that distraction, you see the slightly heavy-lidded look. Cute, blond-haired kid saying, "Go ahead, punk, make my day," and meaning every word.

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Chilling. Utterly.
    1st image makes me cringe - the completely unemotional and detatched look in the kids eye.
    2nd image - the focussed intent aim at my forehead, a child of innocence maybe, but man, he already knows how to hold a weapon. And the succinct use of selective colour adds another level of meaning.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Superb story telling. Brilliant.

Thank you everyone. I am quite pleased with the last one myself. Very unusual for me (I must be getting complacent!)

he already knows how to hold a weapon
    Kit, fortunately the pistol is a prop but I do insist that he is aware of how a potential weapon like this should be handled. He was certainly made to lock back the slide and show me the breach and magazine are empty before pointing it at me.

In this day and age kids with guns are an emotive subject and it is not just in the US where children use firearms on the streets. It is becoming an increasing problem in parts of the UK too. I wanted to see how the mix of kid and firearm could portrayed photographically.

Steve

Real Name
    Jason
    I like the first by a long shot. to me it says the most without being overstated. the second i didnt like how the shirt blended with the background as rob said. Although i do like the composistion of it with the gun at the ready. the third gives me the feeling of hesitation and i liked the assertive feeling of the first two. but thats just my two cents

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Well done! I think #1 would work a little better if you bounced a little light on the front/right side of the gun.

#3 is VERY well done...glad to see no round in the chamber, hopefully the magazine was removed as well. Your title "Innocence" seems to work best with the last image. The other "shots" don't look so innocencent. In the second "shot" he has very close to a proper two hand grip. Nice work!

Chuck