Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: In another world

Thornhill, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Real Name
    Robert

In another world

This is another shot of the old woman whom I often see shuffling around the area between the Eaton Center and Nathan Phillip's Square here in downtown Toronto.
    Always in black, with her head scarf, and wheeled walker full of bags and bottles, she slowly moves along, waving away who knows who or what, and occasionally shrieking at anyone or no one, she seems to be another of the many who frequent our streets who have fallen through the holes in Society's Social Net.
    Converted to black and white in Photoshop
    motorized Nikon FG
    Nikkor 24 f2
    Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
    5.6 @ 1/125th
    In another world

Real Name
    Maurice

Re: In another world

Your images do tell stories of people that has fallen on hard times. Not the most beautiful but very telling.

Real Name
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow View Post
    Your images do tell stories of people that has fallen on hard times. Not the most beautiful but very telling.
    Maurice,
    Thank you.
    Years ago I was told by a very fine nature photographer that he could never shoot the subjects I did, because his photographic "mission" was a search for beauty.
    I replied that I could never shoot the subjects he did because all I ever wanted to do was tell stories with pictures.
    Robert

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Gary Cantwell

One more of your thought provoking images, I like it.

Real Name
    Robert

John / Gary,
    Thank you both for commenting.
    Robert

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by RBSinTo View Post
    This is another shot of the old woman whom I often see shuffling around the area between the Eaton Center and Nathan Phillip's Square here in downtown Toronto.
    Always in black, with her head scarf, and wheeled walker full of bags and bottles, she slowly moves along, waving away who knows who or what, and occasionally shrieking at anyone or no one, she seems to be another of the many who frequent our streets who have fallen through the holes in Society's Social Net.
    Converted to black and white in Photoshop
    motorized Nikon FG
    Nikkor 24 f2
    Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
    5.6 @ 1/125th
    In another world
    I like this image quite a bit. I like to shoot these types of street images as well.... spent a bit of time walking Skid Row in Los Angeles. It's a sad yet fascinating place, which is what I feel about your image. Sad but fascinating, especially with your narrative. Makes me want to reach out and give her a hand, altho not prudent.

Real Name
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    I like this image quite a bit. I like to shoot these types of street images as well.... spent a bit of time walking Skid Row in Los Angeles. It's a sad yet fascinating place, which is what I feel about your image. Sad but fascinating, especially with your narrative. Makes me want to reach out and give her a hand, altho not prudent.
    Sharon,
    I've been photographing homeless people for about twenty years and feel as you do.
    Thanks for commenting.
    Robert