Thread: Travel Tip

Real Name
    Richard

Travel Tip

Many cities I have visited have open topped double deck tour buses. I always take advantage of these photo platforms both to get shots and to make a note of areas that I want to return to for later shooting...

Hong Kong was really nice since there was only my wife and I and another couple on the top deck. I could easily switch sides when a good photo opportunity was visible...

Travel Tip

Travel Tip

The standard double decked trolleys in Hong Kong are efficient and cheap methods of transport as well as good for an occasional shot.

Travel Tip

However in Istanbul, the bus was filled and the best images always seemed like they would appear on the opposite side. I wanted to take the trip a second time and sit on the opposite side but my wife wasn't willing to do that...

Travel Tip

Travel Tip

I was very disappointed when my wife booked a tour bus in Athens and it was an enclosed air conditioned bus with no shooting possibility.

Real Name
    George

Re: Travel Tip

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Many cities I have visited have open topped double deck tour buses. I always take advantage of these photo platforms both to get shots and to make a note of areas that I want to return to for later shooting...

Hong Kong was really nice since there was only my wife and I and another couple on the top deck. I could easily switch sides when a good photo opportunity was visible...

Travel Tip

Travel Tip

The standard double decked trolleys in Hong Kong are efficient and cheap methods of transport as well as good for an occasional shot.

Travel Tip

However in Istanbul, the bus was filled and the best images always seemed like they would appear on the opposite side. I wanted to take the trip a second time and sit on the opposite side but my wife wasn't willing to do that...

Travel Tip

Travel Tip

I was very disappointed when my wife booked a tour bus in Athens and it was an enclosed air conditioned bus with no shooting possibility.
    A double deck tour bus can be dangerous. In Amsterdam they have an open roof, or had an open roof. And an electric tram network with top wiring. Once a guy, must have been a drunk English tourist, tried to catch it and got electrocuted.

George

Real Name
    John

They do warn you about standing up in those double deckers, yet people still do and the buses often travel under low bridges. Also, you do have to be alert as low hanging branches can swipe your sunglasses and hats off as well as leave some nasty scratches on your face.

Real Name
    Richard

There is another definite plus for the double decked bus strategy. The bus gives my old legs a rest while still being in position to get some street photography images such as these...

Travel Tip

Travel Tip

I think that the sharp looking young lady being ignored by the street workers makes this image

I have been looking through old images and reprocessing them...

Real Name
    John

It does raise questions.