Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Book Just Launched

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

New Book Just Launched

For those of you that have been following this project, it's been a long time coming:

New Book Just Launched

For full details you can visit the new page here:
    https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/bo...g-photography/

It's also now on Amazon at: http://amzn.to/2fx4sa8
    For the next week and a half, those ordering the paperback get the eBook for free. Unfortunately it currently ships from the US until at least 19 December, after which Amazon will add it to their global distribution.

This book is brand new so every single online review makes a big difference with marketing. Please help if you feel it's warranted! Suggestions and feedback may also be incorporated into future editions or volumes.

Best,
    Sean
    Last edited by McQ; 29th November 2016 at 11:02 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: New Book Just Launched

Congratulations.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Sean let Donald, Dave and me get a peek at the electronic version of this book at about the time it went to press. I thought I might share some of my impressions of the book.

First of all, anyone who has read any of Sean's tutorials here on the Cambridge in Colour site will feel quite comfortable with the approach and in fact you will recognize some of the material. No, it's not a rehash of the material that is here already, the bulk of it is definitely new and expanded. The book is very heavily illustrated and has many diagrams and images that work together with the text to explain various photographic concepts, it is remarkably easy to read. As Sean is a scientist and engineer, he does cover the technical aspects extremely well. Every time I thought to myself "I wonder if Sean has covered something about ?????", I found that the topic was covered.

So if you are looking for an excellent book on photography, you might want to consider picking up a copy.

Manfred

PS - Sean did not ask us to write a review of his book. I just thought people might want to know what I thought of it.

Real Name
    George

What does "Volume 1" means. It isn't finished yet?

George

Real Name
    Pierre

For me it was a no-brainer: I wanted to have that book. Cambridge in Colour is one of the two sites where I've learned the most. Fortunately on a very pleasant and inspiring manner.
    However, when I ordered the book I had to pay more for the shipping than for the paperback (right now you get a discount of $10,=/€10,=). Despite the high shipping costs (to the Netherlands) it will probably last until next year before I will receive the book.... Not so pleasant after all....

I'll have to wait .
    But I'm happy that one day I will be able to buy it

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Sean let Donald, Dave and me get a peek at the electronic version of this book at about the time it went to press. Sean did not ask us to write a review of his book. I just thought people might want to know what I thought of it.
    I agree with Manfred that Sean did not ask us to comment on the book here in the forum. However ................

For me what this does is fill a gap in the market. The technical stuff is all there, but what Sean has done is gone into explanations about what the application of the technical stuff means for the quality and aesthetic of images. As Manfred has said, it is designed and written to a very high standard and in a very approachable and accessible way.
    Last edited by Donald; 28th November 2016 at 12:08 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post

George
    If you click on the link provided you'll find:-

"This first volume introduces the core concepts and techniques that are necessary prior to and during digital image capture. The second volume explores all the key considerations after capture, including post-processing and maximizing digital image quality. The third volume explores more advanced topics in camera technology and speciality techniques. Currently volumes two and three are online at www.cambridgeincolour.com."

Real Name
    Ian

Congratulations Sean,

Its a longggggg while since the concept of a book was mooted on here.

I hope it goes well for you.

Cheers

Ian

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post
    Hi George - volume 1 just means it's part of an eventual larger set and isn't necessarily comprehensive. Volume 1 covers everything prior to and during capture, whereas the content that will eventually comprise volumes 2 and 3 are covered in the current online tutorials. Volume 2 will include the tutorials that focus on post-processing/editing. Volume 3 will include advanced techniques and camera technology. Make more sense?
    Last edited by McQ; 29th November 2016 at 01:57 AM.

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Pjerry View Post
    However, when I ordered the book I had to pay more for the shipping than for the paperback (right now you get a discount of $10,=/€10,=).
    Hi Pierre - completely agree with you on this one. I will add this book to a global distribution as quickly as possible. Unfortunately Amazon would not let me set that up prior to December 19 due to their pre-Holiday overhead. Hopefully in January you'll start to see it available more locally.

That being said, if you choose the current "standard international shipping" option, orders being placed today are expected to arrive by 9th December as opposed to the 4-6 weeks quoted on Amazon. It's still a lot more expensive than I would like but at least it gets you the book well in advance of Christmas if that's important.

Real Name
    Richard

I just ordered this book as a thank you for all the knowledge and pleasure that I have received from this site...

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Congratulations Sean,

Its a longggggg while since the concept of a book was mooted on here.

I hope it goes well for you.
    Thank you! Yes, it's been a loooong time coming, but better late than never! Oddly it wasn't the book itself that took so long (the content and layout were mostly finished three years ago), but was instead the printing, payment processes, and launch plan that really held thing up. Well, that and the fact that every year when I was planning on launching there was always too much other work that picked up around the holidays

Real Name
    Richard

Just received my copy. It is a very well done book!

Real Name
    Ron

Will this book be available on Amazon globally ?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Daman View Post
    Ron - if you look at the first post in the thread, Sean suggests that will happen sometime after Dec 19.

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Daman View Post
    Hi Ron - agree, this is a top priority but unfortunately Amazon would not permit me to initiate that process prior to 19 December due to their holiday overhead. I will start that right after Xmas and hopefully have it in place sometime in January. Right now the shipping options for non-US orders are not as flexible as I would like them to be.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Gert1985 View Post
    how many volumes and chapters this book has?
    If you use the links provided by Sean in the opening post of the thread, you will find the answer.

The book has 7 main sections, each divided in to sub-sections.

The book still doesn't seem to be available on Amazon's UK site which is a shame as International postage ordering it from the USA is quite high. Are there any differences between the paper book and the pdf version?

Real Name
    Helly

It's cool that you were able to publish this book.
    Last edited by Helly123; 28th September 2020 at 03:48 PM.

Great book, I read it. I note that such posts on books are very important for readers, I often study such things, but it is difficult to write an analysis of books myself and I use https://edusson.com/write-my-book-report and recommend that you study the functionality of this written service, place an order and a team of professional writers take care of your book reports, everything will be done with high quality and very quickly, try it.
    Last edited by JoshuaBamford; 19th April 2021 at 02:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast