Thread: Adobe CC2017 watch it

Real Name
    Allan Short

Adobe CC2017 watch it

Down loaded the new version of Adobe CC2017, when to advance setup as I wanted it to save my pre-sets, and plugins. Well it went back to its' old trick, it did not bring over my NIK plugins, it brought them last update, but not time before. So if you do not have them just look in the adobe folder>plugins of the older version and copy them into the new version of CC2017 and you will be good to go.

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    John

Re: Adobe CC2017 watch it

Allan, I'm having similar problems. As part of trying to solve a problem I'm having with ACR, Adobe downloaded PS CC 2017 onto my computer. Apart from the fact that left me with a considerable work load installing most of my plugins, I finding some plugins will not recognise PS CC 2017 and therefore will not install. I thought there might be a way around it similar to that which you describe but I couldn't find the PS CC 2017 plugin folder. Where is it , do you know? Be grateful if you could advise me.
    Last edited by John 2; 13th November 2016 at 06:17 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

John all I did was to copy all of the external plug in files from the C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5/Plug-ins directory to the new C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Plug-ins directory and restarted Photoshop. Everything ran perfectly.

Adobe nicely does not remove that old directory, so its easy to do. I did not have to reinstall any of the plugin software.

Real Name
    Jean

Manfred, I did it for former versions, but this time nor Google suite neither On1 10 moved.
    I tried to re install Google suite from the downloaded package, but same results.
    In the correct directory (plug-ins) they appear in right place (with date of today)
    Curiously DXO viewpoint 2 and Imagenomic have been correctly copied.
    If somebody has the same troubles , I 'll be happy to find a solution.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Jean,

I assume you are remembering to close and restart Photoshop? (after making changes, especially if copying files to folders as Manfred did)

I ask because (a long time ago) this was something I overlooked.

Dave

Real Name
    Jean

Of course, Dave, I tried twice or three times and I notice that even in checking using "cut and paste" my directories disappeared from former versions.
    I'll be able to restore that when I'll be back at home, but right now on my laptop I'm in (relative) trouble.
    Jean

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by bje07 View Post
    Of course, Dave, I tried twice or three times
    Thus confirming you're not as daft as me

Real Name
    Jean

I will never say that Dave.
    I'm admitting that this time I'm not as skilled as I thought

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

That is interesting Dave / Jean. It worked for me on both Win 10 and Win 8.1 machines, so I wonder if there is an operating system or configuration issue.

I used this process for the Nik Collection, both of the DxO plugins (Viewpoint 2 and FilmPack 5), Imagenomic Portraiture and ShineOff 2.0.

Back when I was using OnOne, it tended to be a bit problematic and often a new version that was compatible with the upgraded version of Photoshop was required. Even having that software in the plug-ins folder caused Photoshop to crash. As I wasn't using it very often, I uninstalled it and did not bother upgrading it past around version 8.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 13th November 2016 at 08:43 PM.

Real Name
    John

It's not happening for me. I will worry it until it does though. I haven't lost much but the one programme that I used fairly regularly was Perfect Effects 9. That loads but I can't get it to appear in CC 2017 in any of the usual places. Needless to say that any attempt on the On1 WEB site to search for it takes you immediately to the Perfect Effects 10 download page. Having bought a perpetual licence for v.9, that's rather disappointing.

Real Name
    Jean

As I am stubborn, I succeed in re installing On 1 Photo 10.5, but nothing possible with Google/Nik suite, I'll wait when I 'll be at home.

Real Name
    Binnur

There is a 'Shared Creative Cloud Location ' for plug-ins as I mentioned in post #10 of this thread

Photoshop CC 2017

I hope it helps

Real Name
    Jean

Thank you Binnur, I'll try